Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2004 Avalon XL with the simple cluster that shows temp, odometer and time. I bought a cluster from an XLS with the way cooler display and put it in no problem except now the AC doesn't work. I swapped back the old cluster and AC works just fine. I saw this discussed way back on thus forum but never could find a solution. Hoping someone has some advice on how to make this work. Thanks!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have a 2004 Avalon XL with the simple cluster that shows temp, odometer and time. I bought a cluster from an XLS with the way cooler display and put it in no problem except now the AC doesn't work. I swapped back the old cluster and AC works just fine. I saw this discussed way back on thus forum but never could find a solution. Hoping someone has some advice on how to make this work. Thanks!
Did you ever get an answer to this? I am wanting to go in the opposite direction. I want to remove the multi-informational display and replace it with the simple cluster. I had the factory radio changed out and since then, the multi-functional display with navigation isn't working properly.

·
Registered
2002 Avalon XLS
15 Posts
From what I've seen elsewhere on the board, the AC control module is inside of the display on the XL model. If you want to get really spunky, you can take the old XL display, and strip it down as small as possible, split the leads so that the wires necessary for the AC go to the old one, and possibly power as well, and tuck that up under the dash somewhere not visible. That's what they do on some cars where the stock radio controls the AC and they want to put in an aftermarket system.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.