Toyota Nation Forum banner

41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,839 Posts
caff, definitely buying the whole engine mount and axle is the way to go and yes the other side will be much easier.

king, you don't need to drain the trans. only a little will come out while you pull the old one out and put the new one in. put a pan under it. as for the ring, just use pliers to compress the ears and it comes out pretty easily. in fact, getting it back into the slot in the new axle was harder for me cause you have to use a drift/punch and hammer to make it seat. and be sure it seats cause it's what holds the axle in. that 10mm bolt through the mount only keeps the bearing from spinning as far as i can tell.

tony
It's actually a 14mm >:D

Yeah hey I would have bought the whole thing as an assembly, but I'm on a budget. Being an AutoZone employee has its perks.

As for reseating that clip, I used a pair of needle nose vice grips. They JUST fit in there, if one removes the power steering belt.

Well, I had to tear everything back apart to repair the rear exhaust manifold. More specifically to replace the stud toward the driver side (yeah, the one that attaches to the brackets and block). Oh what 2 day adventure THAT turned into!

I had to get the replacement stud from the dealer. They gave me the wrong part but I made it work. I had to do a destructive removal of the manifold. Tried to weld it back together. That didn't work out so well due to space constraints. I'm going to get a new manifold first chance I get (which means ANOTHER new set of gaskets :headbang: ). Might need another EGR tube as well.

Blah!
Hm okay. Thank you for the information.

Has anyone done a DYI for the drive axles on these Camry? I know the bolt on ones are on here somehwere and are straight forward. The one with the clip design is a bit scary for me...along with the potential of it being seized in the mount.

drift/punch and hammer? like this? I need to get all my tools BEFORE I do this job...

http://www.amazon.com/Lyman-Deluxe-Hammer-Punch-Set/dp/B00162OP98/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1448319474&sr=8-3&keywords=drift/punch+and+hammer

·
Super Moderator
13,316 Posts
Has anyone done a DYI for the drive axles on these Camry? I know the bolt on ones are on here somehwere and are straight forward. The one with the clip design is a bit scary for me...along with the potential of it being seized in the mount.
Yes. Look in the DIY thread stickied at the top of this forum.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Alright gents. Since the new axle is in, I've only got one to go, and vibration in the front has been all but minimized, I'm marking this one solved.

·
Registered
Look in sig
8,839 Posts
Yes. Look in the DIY thread stickied at the top of this forum.

Hmm I see them. One has broken pic links.

Guess ti'll be a good time to order new seals for the passenger side when I do the motor mount.

Alright gents. Since the new axle is in, I've only got one to go, and vibration in the front has been all but minimized, I'm marking this one solved.
Glad most of the issues has been resolved :)

41 - 44 of 44 Posts