Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone help me out here?

Everything is done, the mirrors are installed in the housings, all the wiring is routed from both sides of the truck to the wiring harnesses under the driver's side kick panel.

Now, I have the wires from the mirrors connected to the relay from Muth, but after that, connecting up from the relay to the wires in the truck, I have no luck.

I either get a solid amber or solid red light on the signal mirrors, or nothing at all.

Muth says that there should be a black wire with a red stripe. I can only find a red wire with a black stripe for the ACC wire off the Muth relay.

Someone that has installed these mirrors, can you shed a little light?

Also, Can you verify that I am using the right bundle of wires? I was using the ones that were all taped together out of that main black conduit section.

Thanks. I appreciate it.

Chad

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Here ya go you need to find the blue wire with yellow stripe and the blue wire with the black stripe. Those are the blinker wires.

It is located behind the left corner of the change compartment:

This is the plug you need to look for:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll have my DC tester tomorrow. (gotta 'borrow' one from work)

And Toku, I did see that plug. No problem tapping the signal wires there, but what about the ACC wire and the Brake wire. I am doing the Bi-Color intstall for the mirrors Muth released just a few months ago.

Arghh....these sorta things NEVER kick my ass like this.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
I'll have my DC tester tomorrow. (gotta 'borrow' one from work)

And Toku, I did see that plug. No problem tapping the signal wires there, but what about the ACC wire and the Brake wire. I am doing the Bi-Color intstall for the mirrors Muth released just a few months ago.

Arghh....these sorta things NEVER kick my ass like this.
Ah O.K. I have the Bi-Colored ones also. But I decided not to use it because I didn't want them coming on every time I pressed on the brakes.

Good Luck!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ah O.K. I have the Bi-Colored ones also. But I decided not to use it because I didn't want them coming on every time I pressed on the brakes.

Good Luck!

Thinking more about this, I am not so sure I want them to light up everytime I brake too. I mean, great concept, but I could see that as a little confusing for drivers around me also.

Either way, I still think I may try to get the tester from work and find the right wires for the install with brakes.

But you really got me thinking....I might just do it without the brake part.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
Thinking more about this, I am not so sure I want them to light up everytime I brake too. I mean, great concept, but I could see that as a little confusing for drivers around me also.

Either way, I still think I may try to get the tester from work and find the right wires for the install with brakes.

But you really got me thinking....I might just do it without the brake part.
Yeah it just seemed a bit weird to have 2 arrows pointing outwards when I stepped on the brakes?

I also went with the Amber color blinker lights. Because the rear blinkers are Amber.

Although I do think that the red is more visible during the day.

·
Toyotanation
6,972 Posts
I didn't use the control module, because I only hooked up the blinkers.

The instructions I used started in pg. 12.

The black wire with the red stripe is in the upper right corner of the fuse block. Check it to see if it comes on with the ACC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts