Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got excited when I was browsing and noticed something new (to me)

Thought I'd share and for around 4k..not bad.
But kswap is like same price

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
18,977 Posts
Got excited when I was browsing and noticed something new (to me)

Thought I'd share and for around 4k..not bad.
But kswap is like same price
Beat you to it. 🤣

I got the email a few weeks ago from MWR.

A couple of years ago, there was chatter on a celica forum. MWR was in the planning stages of creating their own sc kit.

Reactions: Esso

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
See】
Beat you to it. 🤣

I got the email a few weeks ago from MWR.

A couple of years ago, there was chatter on a celica forum. MWR was in the planning stages of creating their own sc kit.
Gotta use your forum clout to get then to send you one 😎

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
18,977 Posts
Exactly. I’m waiting til Ace gets back into the game. There’s work to be done!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It’s be great to have one again. I have other priorities that need attention. Eventually.

If I can’t find a corolla xrs, probably will do a s model and do a 2zz swap.

Reactions: Esso

· Registered
2,467 Posts
It’s be great to have one again. I have other priorities that need attention. Eventually.

If I can’t find a corolla xrs, probably will do a s model and do a 2zz swap.
In that case, get a Matrix AWD with a blown motor or trans. Free multi-link rear suspension upgrade. Then throw on the 2zz. After, figure out transfer case retrofit for AWD.

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
18,977 Posts
@XtRaSlo, I am close to getting another corolla. It won’t be a gen 9, but a gen 8 manual. Waiting for a reply from the owner.

· Registered
2,467 Posts
@XtRaSlo, I am close to getting another corolla. It won’t be a gen 9, but a gen 8 manual. Waiting for a reply from the owner.
There is a recent crashes XRS in SoCal right now. Also a beat up AWD Matrix. 2.5k + 3.8k. Check CL SoCal. Not bad for 2zz if that’s all you want. Should have good harness and much needed parts for the swap.

I sent you the links in DM.

· Supercharzed Toyz Raczing
2 ea Mark 1 mr2's
397 Posts
I've had Toyota's only mid-engined Supercharged car for 33 years and 437,000 miles.

The 4AGZE engine came with ceramic coated 8:1 pistons and 8 lbs of boost, and approx 150hp

I suspect the low compression aspect pistons contributed to the longevity, since the "bottom end" uses the same configuration as the 9.5:1 NA engines. (115hp)

I would suggest you match any supercharger pressure to the compression ratio. Adding a radical "compression" ratio is seemingly certain death for the bottom end of unreinforced parts and pieces.

I've seen too many youths slapping on a turbo only to have the engine expire. Same problem.

mr2tim

· Token Aussie
1998 AE102 sedan, 2006 ZZE122 wagon, 2018 ZRE182 hatch
2,672 Posts
Ayyee! Gen 8 got double wishbone suspension right ? 2zz swap!
8th gen is Macpherson strut like all the early FWD Corollas (well, not technically MacP as there's no steering component, but the strut is the vertical link, dual toe arms as the lateral control arm, and a trailing link as the radius rod)

I've had Toyota's only mid-engined Supercharged car
Toyota Previa says hello :p

· Registered
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
8th gen is Macpherson strut like all the early FWD Corollas (well, not technically MacP as there's no steering component, but the strut is the vertical link, dual toe arms as the lateral control arm, and a trailing link as the radius rod)

Toyota Previa says hello :p
Ahhh gotcha I recall reading that 8th gen real formidable as a autox car because of lightweight and arguably better suspension geometry over 9th/10th gen. Also.PREVIA! I forgot those did come SC and 5 speed. I threw it out there as an option to my wife when we were van shopping. It was shot down before I could even finish the sentence 😂

· Administrator
マズダスピード3
18,977 Posts
If it’s not a isr or multi link rear, then it’s ok. As I was thinking about doing a rear disc conversion.

But at this current time, everything is up in the air.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts