Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys, been a member for a little while; but have not officially posted pics of my ride. I thought you might enjoy a peek.

Nineteen years old this coming June, 2009 and still going strong. An absolute blast to drive. The hotter she gets; the louder she screams; the louder she screams, the faster I go. Routinely 160 KMH/100 MPH on the highway and she runs like a top.

Reliable and dependable all of these years; even in the snow. I've driven her back and forth to both Grand Rapids, Michigan and Miami, Florida several times each; she only complained on one occaision; crying tears all over the place when she blew her rad in Statesville, North Carolina in 19XX after 10 hrs of driving almost non-stop. To her credit, it wasn't her fault though, her rad was rusted. With 260 000 KM/162 500 miles, she's my Winter beater. As bone stock as she is, (except for my beautiful aftermarket antenna, lol), I love this car.

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, except that you have over 250 000 MILES. I have 256 000 KM. I hope I get as mcuh mileage out of my Celica.

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
Very nice, sir, very nice...with all the driving I've been doing lately (20,000km since I bought my GT-S last September), I'll soon be matching you at the 250K km mark. Except that I've now got the notorious rod bearing sounds when I start her cold. I can only assume a former owner was not diligent with service on the trusty old 5SFE.

One word of advice: KEEP UP WITH RUSTPROOFING! The rockers rot like no tomorrow if you let it go...

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks bro.

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
Hey John, do you ever get people refusing to believe how old your Celica is? Nobody ever believes me when I tell them it's almost 19 years old...I've actually had to show people the tag plate to prove it's a 91! I should start importing them to Thunder Bay from Toronto and selling them...people still refuse to believe how little I paid for it (only $1000 due to a simple fuel leak). :clap:

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I've had people say that at the garages that I have been to over the years. Great steal on your Celica. Shit, I'd buy a Celica for a simple fuel leak; especially now since I just recently swapped my fuel tank.

ToyotaBoy, where was your fuel leak? In what year did you buy your Celica for $1000? Post pics of your ride.

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks dude.

·
Bullitprooph
1991 Celica GT-S
1,501 Posts
John, the fuel leak I repaired was on the steel return line that runs up to the sending unit on top of the tank...simple fix with a dremel cut-off disc, some high-pressure hoses and four clamps...easiest safety prep I've ever done! :lol:

I bought the car last summer for $1000. I haven't seen another one comparable for less than twice that lately, and most of the ones I do see have LOTS of issues...I'll try to dig-up some pics of my GT-S this week.

--Tim

·
Awesome ends with me.
!990 Celica GT
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Oh yeah, I see that you wrote "last September". Obviously, I don't read very well. He he.
Anyways, yeah, cool. Easy fix. Nice ride for $1000.00, eh? Looking forward to seeing pics.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts