Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, I have a challenge - I just purchased a 2000 Camry LE and the oddest thing - the passenger doors have NO exterior door handles, just smooth door panels, so I can't open them from the outside only the inside, the inside door panels are normal. I'm trying to figure out what I can do to fix this issue without having to find 2 passenger doors at a salvage yard. Does anyone have any suggestions? I sure appreciate your help.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
do you have pictures?

in these cases, usually the previous owner has chosen to have them removed for a "smoother" aesthetic look (also known as shaving). Electronic door-poppers are also usually installed then, so that the doors can still be opened with a button.

Did your car come with any extra remotes, or remotes with additional buttons on them?

Also, quite often, "safety" buttons are installed somewhere hidden outside of the car to open the doors in case somebody loses the remote. Feel around the bottom of the car around the door frames, etc. and see if there are any buttons or anything unusual that stands out.

good luck

·
Administrator
14,394 Posts
Really strange someone would do that, but only on the back doors?!?!:confused:

·
Registered
2013 Camry XLE
2,351 Posts
Take off the inner door panels, see if there are any wires/actuator to the door latch and if there are follow the wires. If not there is no provision to open the doors from the outside.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.