Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This model doesn’t have remote start. I followed a similar thread in this forum from 2017. Cant replicate. Did attempt to start with key fob sequence. did not start. Help, I just bought this car today...

·
Registered
190 Posts
Haven't installed one in Rav4 or Hybrid, but maybe it has an aftermarket remote starter.
Some of the aftermarket's starers use the car's OEM key fob by pressing the door lock button 3 times about a second apart.

·
8,164 Posts
So what exactly is the issue? That is started on its own or that you can't start the car?

Did attempt to start with key fob sequence. did not start.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm sorry if I was unclear. The issue is that the car started by itself 2 hours after having been parked and locked. The fobs were inside the house on a counter, untouched.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Haven't installed one in Rav4 or Hybrid, but maybe it has an aftermarket remote starter.
Some of the aftermarket's starers use the car's OEM key fob by pressing the door lock button 3 times about a second apart.
Thanks for your comment After reading an older post on this issue in this forum I did try to start it with that sequence. I wasn't able to.

·
8,164 Posts
OK, so you can start the car otherwise but, are concerned with it starting on its own?
I have silly question for you. Are you sure, you actually turned it off? Hybrids are very easy to leave running, as engine does not make any noise. I left my TCH that way 3 times in Seattle. Just saying. How did you know it STARTED? Came back and it was running? Or, engine suddenly started? It will, if left on, and hybrid battery starts getting low on charge.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, so you can start the car otherwise but, are concerned with it starting on its own?
I have silly question for you. Are you sure, you actually turned it off? Hybrids are very easy to leave running, as engine does not make any noise. I left my TCH that way 3 times in Seattle. Just saying. How did you know it STARTED? Came back and it was running? Or, engine suddenly started? It will, if left on, and hybrid battery starts getting low on charge.
Well you are actually correct. I had just had it delivered, parked it and undoubtedly did not turn it off. I have learned a very good lesson! Timing being everything, the engine started at the same time my adult daughter had parked next to the car. About 2 hours after I had parked it. The battery undoubtedly needed to be charged. Red faced indeed, but relieved to know there was no Ghost in the Machine, with apologies to Phil Collins.

·
8,164 Posts
Right. I left mine several times downtown Seattle - being turned on. You are in rush, engine does not run, talking on the phone or with company, few gentle beeps it makes to warn you easily is missed in all that.
Just a new habit todevelop.
Festina lente.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts