Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Any questions related to 7AGTE, just ask.
I realize this was a couple years ago buy hey; what could it hurt?

What kind of management did you use to get those numbers? Also what bellhousing did you use to adapt the w5x box to the 7age?

·
Registered
KE70 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I realize this was a couple years ago buy hey; what could it hurt?

What kind of management did you use to get those numbers? Also what bellhousing did you use to adapt the w5x box to the 7age?
I am using Link LEM G3 at the moment, and only plan to upgrade soon as I struck a deal for no cost otherwise I would stick with it.

Thje bellhousing is a handmade one adapted from a T50 and the W bellhousing cut and welded together,
although they are available to buy as an aftermarket part now,
as there is no factory bellhousing that will do it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have any pictures of the bellhousing? I'm in the middle of a 7a build and i have my w58, but I don't have $500 to get a custom bellhousing!

·
Registered
KE70 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Do you have any pictures of the bellhousing? I'm in the middle of a 7a build and i have my w58, but I don't have $500 to get a custom bellhousing!

No pictures sorry as usually when the gearbix is out, we are in a hurry to fit the next one,
as it usually breaks during an event,

and now that we have a stronger gearbox, I dont see it coming out for quite some time.

·
Registered
6 Posts
No worries! More questions then!

When you were running the silvertop pistons, did you upgrade the main bolts, or did you just use stock hardware? I assume that people would upgrade them for boost, but I didn't know if you needed them for a high compression level like that ~11:1 area.

I figure the head bolts will need a makeover (I'm planning ARP) but didn't know if I should save for mains as well.

·
Registered
KE70 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
No worries! More questions then!

When you were running the silvertop pistons, did you upgrade the main bolts, or did you just use stock hardware? I assume that people would upgrade them for boost, but I didn't know if you needed them for a high compression level like that ~11:1 area.

I figure the head bolts will need a makeover (I'm planning ARP) but didn't know if I should save for mains as well.

I never had silvertop pistons in a turbo engine.
My old 1600cc engine I built and ran for a couple of seasons of racing,
was a pretty much a standard silvertop 20V apart from the pistons which were the GZE one's same as I run now in the 7A.

It did have new standard toyota rod bolts, main bolts head studs, and head gasket.

And I still run standard toyota 20V headstuds in my 500hp 7AGTE too,
but I use new head studs for every time it goes together.
It does have ARP mains, but only because someone had ordered them for another customer who now did not want them, otherwise I would have built it with the standard mains.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, but I have more bellhousing questions!

You said it was a T50 welded to the W5x; was it cut so that you used the T50 hydro-clutch fork, or the W5x fork?

I'm trying to find out if I need a GTS t50 bell, or an SR5. :)

Thanks!

·
Registered
KE70 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Sorry, but I have more bellhousing questions!

You said it was a T50 welded to the W5x; was it cut so that you used the T50 hydro-clutch fork, or the W5x fork?

I'm trying to find out if I need a GTS t50 bell, or an SR5. :)

Thanks!
It was cut well back from the engine mounting surface,
so it uses all the T5o fork bearing and cylinder.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!

And if you ever get the chance to take a couple pictures of the underneath, I'd be more than happy to paypal you some $$.

Seriously. :)

·
Registered
2 Posts
quick question. how would you go about removing those broken bolts. i have a friend with a gts and his 8 bolts are broken in the same way.
thanks

·
Registered
KE70 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Been a while since posting on here again, been to busy sorting the MrBusa project.

Anyway my Corolla is still going strong.

Recently added some cams that we had and did a new dyno tune on some better fuel.
Managed to get it to 475hp atw on 21psi boost.
Has a play at the drags and managed to pull almost 130mph in a standing 1/4,
I think the best was in the low 11's at 129.9mph.

The engine had done 4 seasons of racing since it had been apart and was down on one cylinder, had been for quite some time,
so we stripped it for a freshen up.

Bottom end was good, the BE and Main bearings were good enough tto go back in again,
but we replaced the Big End ones as they take most of the loadbut surprising how little wear there was in there.

The main problem was it had broken one of the circlips that hold a gudeon pin in,
which is back luck rather than a HP thing,
and so a gudeon had come out and worn a slot in the bore.

Anyway after putting it back together it has been going good again.
Have run a few events with it and out latest was the Production GT series races earlier in the month. The next two rounds of the series are in January.
anyway here is some more incar.

·
Registered
83 corolla AE72
47 Posts
This may be a dumb question but how do you get a w57 gearbox to fit an A block? With an adaptor plate? or do they mate right up? Just needing some help finding a good quality trans that I can get parts for. I can't find parts for my t50.

·
Registered
KE70 Corolla
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
This may be a dumb question but how do you get a w57 gearbox to fit an A block? With an adaptor plate? or do they mate right up? Just needing some help finding a good quality trans that I can get parts for. I can't find parts for my t50.
My one is a custom made bellhousing from two mated together,
but it was probably made in about 1998 !!.

Now there is a company in NZ custom casting them.
Have not seen one but aparantly they are quite good.

sorry i dont have any contact details.

·
Registered
83 corolla AE72
47 Posts
Oh, right on. Do you have any pics of the conversion? Or where you cut them to make them work? Any advice on where to get it done? I know a welding shop that can weld up anything. Just thought I would ask someone that already has it done!! More advice is better than less!! Also, did you use a different driveline? I think I remember reading that in the build, just don't recall what you wrote.

Thanks

21 - 40 of 58 Posts