Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
i will always own a camry
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was outside replacing a fuse in my speaker power wire, the car was running fine. when i took it apart my hand hit the m.a.f. sensor and it threw a big spark. after that when i tried to start it, it would't. everything in the car works, radio,lights ect. and all of my fuses are fine. can anyone help me with this problem??? any ideas on what could be wrong??

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how do i check it?? a good freind of mine told me the same thing. but we dont know what to do and how to check it.

·
Registered
96 maxima SE 5-spd
112 Posts
if the maf sensor sparked and not the fusebox, then looks like you might SOL on the MAF :( it sholdn't be too hard finding a used replacement...

I'm not familiar with camry's, but basically, the ecu won't alow to start the engine unless the maf sensor is connected? I'd just imagine it running really shitty or the car's CEL lights up.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
my engine is a 3vzfe, ill probably call the junkyard and see if they have a used maf. i did check all of my fuses i have three sets of them. they are all ok.

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok , i just got a used maf from a local car parts store, now will i have to do anything to the computer now since i have a new maf?? reseting, ect.??

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
where is my fuel pump located?? i was told that could be a reason why it won't start

·
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ok i guess ill have my brother pull me up to autozone:( its not to far lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts