1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

needs a paint job...

my subs

the amp

plannin on gettin a paint job soon(paint is all faded everywhere, lots of scratches, and lots of bubbles)
window tint, HIDs, new rims, maybe a kit, new seats, maybe some stuff for the engine. any ideas on some cheap stuff i can do to make my car look better? ive already been through the stickies and decided on a couple little things ill do to it.

·
Registered
145 Posts
first...clean up that wiring job for the subs/amp...give it a 'finished' look instead of just thrown in there....not hard to build a beauty board either...cleans things up very well.

swaybars....upgrade those....better suspension you will appreciate the car much more

you got a good start....just keep on focus and on track and you will have a nice car

·
Mario Mobile
724 Posts
Definitely looks like my 97...not a 96.

Anyways, maybe it's me but that spoiler looks ridiculous even for an OEM...

The interior is so nice D:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's not a 96!

You have a Gen 4, 97 to 01!

:welcome: to ToyotaNation

how can you tell? not saying your wrong i just want to know. i know very little about cars(mostly car audio) but im not into spending loads of money taking it to a shop when i could fix most of the stuff at home

to korrupt - i was gonna get around to hiding the wires and all that soon enough but i need to replace the board that covers my spair tire(its all warped n shit thats why my subs dont sit right) so after i do that i will spend more time makin it look nicer in the trunk(not a big deal as of right now).

im gonna be spending alot of time on this forum cuz like i said im not real into spending loads of money at a car shop(had 2 bad experiences where the mechanics messed up more then what was actually wrong)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Definitely looks like my 97...not a 96.

Anyways, maybe it's me but that spoiler looks ridiculous even for an OEM...

The interior is so nice D:
the interior is pretty decent except for the drivers seat and the carpet. drivers seat is ripped to shreds and the carpet is stained VERY bad. n yea i hate the spoiler thats on the car i really wana get rid of it, is there anyway you could point me in the right direction of a DIY on how to remove it? also the hubcaps are in terrible shape, ive heard from a couple people to just take em off for now, good idea or bad? i just got this car about 3-5 months ago

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
do you guys think i should remove the hubcaps or just leave em on for now? when i say there in bad shape i mean they look like complete shit... also i found a DIY on how to remove the spoiler, gonna do that tomorrow

·
Registered
145 Posts
This is 96 Gen 3.5...Its visual, that's how I can tell!:thumbsup::)

love this look on your car man!

to OP....you can make a board VERY cheaply...get a half sheet of some think wood (forget the name of...its NOT MDF though...its a layered fiber type board)....take your old crappy thing out....get it as flat as possible...and trace it onto the fiber board. You can also get some small hinges and mount them to be able to lift it without moving the sub box....done it a million times myself...in fact its on my list.

call me crazy....I kinda like the spoiler....but a lip spoiler would look better....I seem to like the new Civic one....very small, but makes a nice statement. Ill look up a pic if needed...wont work on my car but yours it would.

oh and leave the hubcaps for now....plain steelies like poo IMHO...to me, shows negligence.....I have NEVER liked the steelie look

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)

·
I HAS BOOST!!!
94 Camry SE V6 Coup
10,728 Posts
looks to be about as good as any, check out Rockauto's prices too.

do you guys think i should remove the hubcaps or just leave em on for now? when i say there in bad shape i mean they look like complete shit... also i found a DIY on how to remove the spoiler, gonna do that tomorrow
for teh hubcaps, if your like em, leave them there. I would go for some aloys in the future but for now the hubs look fine.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
looks to be about as good as any, check out Rockauto's prices too.

for teh hubcaps, if your like em, leave them there. I would go for some aloys in the future but for now the hubs look fine.
i was thinking about maybe sanding then repainting the hubcaps. also im planning on replacing the alternator myself. ive never done this before and have barely any experience working on cars, but ive been watching some DIYs on youtube and it doesnt seem TOO difficult, should i be fine to do it myself? also is it definetely the alternator that im having trouble with?

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
I want your headlights and bumper lights lmfao :lol:
I now have those headlights, and they are going nowhere, I can guarantee that! Muahahahaha, they are too awesome to let go of:D (Off topic, but thanks again eyeball:thumbsup:)

At the OP, which stickies have you decided to do? Also, I was wondering, what's your sub/amp setup?

:welcome:

·
Registered
124 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I now have those headlights, and they are going nowhere, I can guarantee that! Muahahahaha, they are too awesome to let go of:D (Off topic, but thanks again eyeball:thumbsup:)

At the OP, which stickies have you decided to do? Also, I was wondering, what's your sub/amp setup?

:welcome:

2 12" kicker cvrs(4 ohm), sealed box, with a cadence txa-1000d amp(2000w max , 1000w RMS at 1 ohm). the subs are wired to a 1 ohm load. also id have to go back n look at the stickie to find what i was gonna do so ill post that back.

to shawn - getting a smaller amp is a last resort, i spent too much time researching and finding the perfect amp for my subs so id rather just upgrade the alternator if thats the problem

·
TN's Mad Chemist
95 Camry
3,127 Posts
2 12" kicker cvrs(4 ohm), sealed box, with a cadence txa-1000d amp(2000w max , 1000w RMS at 1 ohm). the subs are wired to a 1 ohm load. also id have to go back n look at the stickie to find what i was gonna do so ill post that back.

to shawn - getting a smaller amp is a last resort, i spent too much time researching and finding the perfect amp for my subs so id rather just upgrade the alternator if thats the problem
Have you looked into getting a capacitor and doing the "Big 3" upgrade as well?

·
Registered
124 Posts

then down grade your system, you don't need that much bass and I am sure your electrical system doesn't like it. Also if you did it yourself look into a shop re doing it and it might make it over all better(there is a loooot of wires hanging around).

my zx400.1 poweres these well enough and I get a little bit of headlight dimming at max output.

DSC_0009 by ShawnD757, on Flickr

The shop that hooked mine up even mounted my amp to the back of my fold down so I can easily adjust the settings if need be.

I also encourage doing a big 3 install, I would do it but my car sucks dick. a cap won't really help since he is probably constantly ghetto blasting 1800 watts.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts