Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
okay so i have a 97 camry le i recently took all the door handle off replaced the front 2 everything worked. I took the door panel off the right rear side and got to work removed the child lock system unscrewed the bolts and took the door handle out, put the new one in put the child lock back to what i remembered to look like, the lock rods were also where i remember them being, the child lock fit in place and screwed it back in, door closes fine and opens fine from the *outside, but when i try pulling the rods from inside to open the door i cant get it open. Now on the left side i cant get the door open from either side, i belive the door handle clip for the outside just isn't lined up right. the inside has the same result as the right side, i pull rods but nothing clicks open the door. my buddy owns his own garage and i asked him what i might do, he suggested ripping off the door with his wrecker and puttin another door on it. haha i really dont want to resort to that so any help is appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.