Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Wow, I have a camry too and I thought that camry wasn't worth working on. Now I will start to build my camry up too. That be interesting.

Now I am on the project of fixing up my 88 supra turbo, 92 mr2 turbo, 91 celica, and 94 camry.

What kind of supercharge you got? I like to have a supercharged vehicle to.

·
spin turbo hammy... SPIN!
2,849 Posts
that is a great time on the gen 4... i am N/A and the best time i got on a 100+ degree F day was a 15.9XX @ 8X mph

props bro:thumbup:

·
Banned
2006 Lincoln Zephyr
1,290 Posts
MadDawg said:
14.5 isnt that great.... but nice.... its alot better than 18sec stock off the line :mad: ... what engine is it?
It's the V6(1MZFE). The 14.5 is pretty good considering hardly anyone before has been able to break into the 14's with an Automatic, supercharged or otherwise.

·
engineer in training
1,586 Posts
i think 14.5 is an awesome time for a camry :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Banned
4,345 Posts
WoW! You can tell home much horsepower the 3vz-fe looses in higher RPM because with a better R/T on that run, that's the same 1/8 mile I run without loosing wieght.

Up the boost! Let's see ya in the 13's! Time for 9psi man!

toyota camry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, that is impressive. What year model do you have and what S/C are you useing?

1999 camry v6 with trd s/c stock boost....

thanx for the replies guys.i wanna break into the 13's but without spending mad money.my next plan is 5.5lb pulley, jp ypipe ,walboro 190 fuel pump and an safc 2 tuned. so with that i think i could hit 13's ohhh ya and my new drag radials.....

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
7,127 Posts
or get a nice nitrous kit in the mean time..:smokin:

·
Registered
785 Posts
if he can get into the 13.5s.... his camry will be respectable on the road... everyone with those 12s supras will be, oh nice, the fastest grocery getter on the plannet earth :D

toyota camry
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
well phi i wish i could have went to the canada meet to meet you,but i had to work that weekend.when i didnt have the s/c i would power brake it too 2000rpms but now with the s/c that is to much so on my 14.5 run i just brought the rpms to about 900-1000rpm and my tire pressure was dropped too 20lbs on regular tires......

·
Registered
440 Posts
Man i gotta say that TRD s/c really sucks for the price. It should come with a much smaller pulley. Thats definitely a good time for your camry though at 4psi -- if you plug all that stuff into a 1/4 calculator with your car weight it shows that youre pretty dead on with an optimal ET and trap. Cant wait to see some 13's with the new pulley and some 2.0 60's with the radails -- good luck!

1 - 20 of 36 Posts