Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
doppelkupplungsgetriebe
2015 Jeep Cherokee
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I regret to announce the passing of my camry on 7/10/04. it was a 95 camry DX, 5SFE auto. dad was coming home from work, foot slipped of brake and onto gas, and it had a nice lil run in with a tree....at 35-40 mph

unfortunatley, my insurance company has said that while the exterior damage is not the worse, the underbody damage is said to be a good amount, and they said the car is just too old to be worth fixing. so basically, its adios to the camry...but not just yet. my parents are very busy the next few weeks, so the cam will jus be sittin here. i was thinking, if any long island or new york gen 3 or gen 3.5 owners need stock parts from the car, they are welcome to come and pretty much grab anything. plz pm if u are interested. i regret i am unable to extend this offer to ppl in other states, but i am only 17 and have very umm strict parents. so if u want anythnig and u live in this area, just pm me.

oh and if anyone wishes to see the pics plz go to this site

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/472337/2

jus copy and paste link....

:( i guess my next mod will be a new car.

peace
jibz

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
:(
Poor guy...

Sorry to hear about your car...

Well, at least now you can go buy a lower mileage Gen 3:)
make sure to steal all they performance parts off it first.

Good luck on the new car search.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Do you think these pedals had anything to do with it?

Sorry about your loss.

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about that... Do you think I could get the rear spoiler ?? What part of long island are you located ?? I would like to pick it up from you of course at your conveniance..

·
Black since 1985
97 Camry
2,468 Posts
:grouphug: It'll be ok, I know a new one wont have the same sentimental value. But you'll get another eventually :thumbup:

Don't worry, we'll be waitin':chug: :thumbsup:

·
doppelkupplungsgetriebe
2015 Jeep Cherokee
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
trdcamry2003 - ironically, the pedals i put in were only half there when the accident occured. i had removed the brake pedal pad in order to clean it a week earlier, and it was not back in at the time of the accident. just a bout of bad luck and bad timing i suppose.

Gavin- you have PM

·
Registered
1999 Toyota Camry
565 Posts
sorry to hear about your camry. Hopefully you'll get another one and make it to the next NY meet.

·
slowamatic noob
1996 Toyota Camry
3,857 Posts
rip camry :(
was this your dads car or was he giving it to you soon or was it your car and he borrowed it?? :confused:

anyways, sux for a camry to be totaled, i know how you feel, i crashed a 1992 gen3 v6 camry way back in dec 2000, guy ran a stop sign and we both bashed up a neighborhood tree pretty hard... :(

·
doppelkupplungsgetriebe
2015 Jeep Cherokee
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
a94autocamry.....it was my car, a gift from my uncle, and my dad had borrowed it that day to take it to work instead of his 89 volvo station wagon which i had decided to wash fpr him that day :(

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Ouch... The important thing is that you're alright, though. I remember when I fucked up my gen2 back in the day, granted it was all repairable cosmetic stuff, but it's one of the worst feelings in the world...

Steve

·
Livers are for wusses
213 Posts
ouch, it might not have been totaled if the bags hadn't gone off... that's where ya got screwed, but hey, they did their job and your dad is alright and that's what really matters. And who knows, some of the damage underneath may have still made it totalled. But good luck I hope everything works out and you get a new vehicle that treats you as well as this camry would have

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
i saw the pics and i think it can repaired...tell them you want your car to be repaired if it isn't damaged all the way to the back as in it just messed up where the motor sits you can get a front clip.
most of the times the ins. doesn't want to foot the bill so be on alert. jacl the car up and look for damage and if your not sure take some well lit pictures of the under body and see if it scrapped anything. don't part it out yet

cause my wife and ui hit 3trees on i95 going ~85mph when the car spun everyone said the car was totaled but it dove great we were about to get it fixed but she smashed the front a week before we were going to take it in.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
he doesn't need bags the passenger can have a tv:D and he can put in a momo wheel;) anyway full coverage is full coverage he pays 500 or 250 and the ins pays the rest

·
Livers are for wusses
213 Posts
ok im young and dumb but they may just total it which means he can't really do anything about it... but umm yeah get an estimate just out of curiousity man... that's my suggestion...

·
doppelkupplungsgetriebe
2015 Jeep Cherokee
173 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
2wickedtoyz- yeah i checked it out, and i know the damage isnt the worse, even though my dad jumped a curb and ruined the bottom. while i wud love to get it fixed, even if its possible mechanically, my dad just wudnt allow it at this point :( hes just telling me to get a new car, and he refuses to pay for anything other than sending her to a junkyard. even my uncle, who gave this car to me as a gift, is telling me to send her up the river, and i tried but i really cant argue with them anymore. :(

1 - 20 of 36 Posts