Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My car was hit by someone in the parking lot of Costco. What should I do next? Should I call the insurance company or fix it by myself? How much it might cost? :confused:

Thank you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Just get it fixed yourself. Any claim you make to your insurance company whether your fault or not will not work to your advantage in the future.

·
'95 Camry 5S-FE
95 Camry LE
778 Posts
Did you try to talk to the people at Costco and ask them to check the cameras? If you're lucking you might be able to get the guys license plate and have his insurance pay for it.

·
Pabloso
96 camry
527 Posts
the body work is the least of ur worries. ur whole wheel is messed up. looks like ur gonna probably need a new wheel hub, rear sway bar and links, struts and a bunch of other stuff.. parts alone looks like around 800 but i wouldnt call the insurance ppl cause ur rate is goin to go up.. that sux sorry man. hope its just the picture and the wheels isnt really hit in.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the body work is the least of ur worries. ur whole wheel is messed up. looks like ur gonna probably need a new wheel hub, rear sway bar and links, struts and a bunch of other stuff.. parts alone looks like around 800 but i wouldnt call the insurance ppl cause ur rate is goin to go up.. that sux sorry man. hope its just the picture and the wheels isnt really hit in.
man, don't scare me. I went out and check the wheel, it's okay. :lol: Now I am more relax and feel much better because my wheel is fine. :lol::lol:

Do you know how much it might be to fix the dent?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Did you try to talk to the people at Costco and ask them to check the cameras? If you're lucking you might be able to get the guys license plate and have his insurance pay for it.
Thanks. I will goto Costco to have a check tomorrow, I doubt they have high resolution camera or high tech like CSI. :headbang:

·
toyota = cool
Toyota Camry CE
490 Posts
Thanks. I will goto Costco to have a check tomorrow, I doubt they have high resolution camera or high tech like CSI. :headbang:
zoom in and enhance

/puts sun glasses on

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Hit n run bastard ... Aww frame damage, gonna be ugly to fix ... Especially when there's the gas tank line in the way.

·
all my heros are evil
camry
805 Posts
Have to agree. If you can't prove who hit you, it's best to fix it yourself if you can. If you can prove who did, I'd say go after them.
With my accident the guy got charged, but if it is deemed there's fault on each side, then it could affect you if you make a claim.

·
Premium Member
6,403 Posts
Read your policy about chargable accidents effecting your rates.

Any body shop can do a quote on repairs, some may charge a nominal fee.

·
'93 LE Wagon V6 '94 LE I4
'93 V6 wagon, '94 I4
963 Posts
Great idea, plus the hit-and-run a**hole left the scene of an accident and you with the bill. The cops can likely hang him up by his heels for that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Thanks, m8s. As this is a big cost to remove the dent in the body shop, I removed over 90% of the dent in a caveman way just now -- used my foot from the interior of the trunk. Now it doesn't look bad, except some small parts.

·
Banned
1,896 Posts
Good to hear so. It wont go back to the same level as before though since the metal has been streched out. U still need to bondo and sand paper to flat out the surface.

·
Proud Camry owner.
1993 Toyota Camry
189 Posts
Man, if that happened to me, I would go INSANE.
Find the guy who did it and let us know. TN will eat him, or her alive. :O
Did you check with Costco for the security camera? Even if it was fixed, (If I were in your shoes) I would want to find out who did it, if nothing else, for personal reasons. (If I saw him on the road, it would make for an interesting moment.)

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
i truly have to ask.. who the fuck are you using for insurance?? i must know... cuz your retarded for sticking with them.. ive had 3 of my cars hit & run on.. all three were covered under my insurance, (250 deductable) and no change in the rate.. you should really change insurance companies.. im serious..

truth of the matter is thats a ploy set out.. they cant raise your rate unless you did the damage..... call the police ask to file a hit and run report.. that way its in the records.. call your agent or insurance company and tell them you had a hit and run.. if they attempt to raise your rates, go to a new company.

call your insurance and check what your policy states about hit and runs....

some of yall really really really need to reevaluate where your money goes cuz i would never pay a company for money to raise rates for something i did not do.:headbang::headbang:

·
What Toyota?
2008 Saab 9-3
10,477 Posts
^ +1.

apparently it's a good idea to re-shop insurance companies every year.

to the OP, I hope you find the guy.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to Costco yesterday, the manager said their parking lot don't have any security cameras, but the Walmart next to them have. It seems next time when I shopping in Costo it would be much better to park in Walmart's parking lot.

The caveman style fix:

Does anyone know how to fix the paint part? and is it really necessary to call the police? Because there is no video evidence or witness.

Thank you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts