Toyota Nation Forum banner

my clutch is toast...

928 13
yup..on the way home from work today my clutch started to disengage under acceleration...then about 20 minutes later the clutch was totaly burned and i could get no power from it.....i stopped at a stoplight and it would NOT go...just sit there and spin....toast

and about 30 mins ago i went out to attempt to drive it...and i had nothing...it wouldnt even die when i let the clutch out while at a stand still.......bad stuff
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Not so noob anymore
286 Posts
Mine was failing and just got it replaced with a Centreforce one at 220,000km. Even my wife commented that my clutch works better than her Echo that only has 30,000km. Damn expensive tho'

·
Not so noob anymore
286 Posts
Per the centreforce website - holds better. I find climbing hills or inclines a breeze in my car now, but scary in the Echo or using my old clutch. IF you were towing you would notice a difference too.

someone else can probably explain this more technically.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
meh....i ordered a OEM clutch *shrugs* its not "officialy" my car yet, so i shall play by the fathers rules......FOR NOW!!!!...MUAHAHAAaaaaaa

so yeah found a good 4ALC motor for the swap...nothing fancy..but it only has 162K miles on it...and has high compression...within a week or so it shall be in.
I also found some 87 Corolla FX GTS power ajustable and folding mirrors.....:D ...im working on taking them and all the associated wireing out currently....this old rolla sedan is gonna be a bad mo fo when i get done with her.

·
Shit Disturber
359 Posts
a better clutch wouldn't do much for you... the oem's probably got a longer life and has just the right amount of clamping force.

I mean were not moving 8 tonne trucks with 1600TQ right?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
oh yeah!

this rolla has over 70 horse power and NEARLY 6000 ft Lbs or torque

i can pull semi's!:rolleyes: :lol:

good point though...so the OEM stays till later:D

and those mirrors are badass.....but...anyone know if the power mirrors in an 86 corolla (i dont care what model) are connected to the fuse box? :confused:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.