Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Pissed
Camry
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i was driving down the street today, shifted my car into 3rd gear, and released teh clutch, only the pedal stayed on the floor... came up about an inch... drove for a couple miles til i could pull over, but the pedal came back up. Why did it do this? Does anybody know?

·
Registered
24 Posts
slave clutch assembly

I had the same problem happen to me too. I had no idea what the problem was. Exact same symptoms. It got so bad that I had to actually use my foot to pull the pedal back up everytime I shifted. A friend of my Dad and I found out that it was a hydraulic problem. I had no idea how the clutch pedal worked until this problem occured. We traced the problem to the slave clutch cylinder by method of elimation. The part was ~$25 at your local autozone. Its a b*tch to get at though. THe cylinder under the hood is simple enough to get to (mounted right on the fire wall) underthe dash is a whole other story. After you all said and done, you just fill the cylinders with brake fluid, bleed it and you are done. Again this take a pretty flexable hand under the dash and the right tools or you will be there all day.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.