Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
ooSnip3r Halo2!
89 Corolla GTS
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to prove how tough toyotas are!!

The other night I was driving home from work...and I drove my car over one of those road islands....you know the foot high curbs where pedestrains wait to cross....yeah I drove right over and on top of one the other day...NOt on purpose though.....was trying to make a light and to make the light theres a sharp right hand curve into a 90 degree left hand turn onto the highway...well when I saw the light was green I stepped on it cause the light dosnt stay green for long......so Im doing 100Km into the curve..but braked hard and down sifted before the curve...let off the brakes and executed the turn.....well the car only turned so much then started to slide into the island....with the car half sideways...I immediatley corected the car to point straight into the island....just made sence...and then at the last moment I straignted the wheels so that they hit straight on instead of sideways....good idea...right?

Anyways....after I realized that I should get my car off the island I pulled into a cardlock and began inspecting the car for the damamge I had just inflicted onto my car.......no weird noises form the engine...no leaks...nothing hanging from underneath....did a series of circles one way..then the other...again no noices from the steering....so emabarassed I drove home....as I pulled into the driveway I realized that the allignment was a little off.

SO the next morning I immedialtely took my car to the shop cause I know I must have done some serious damage somewhere.....as It turns out..the only damagae I did was I bent the stock rim slighly and put the alligmnet out a bit.....an hour later I was back on the road....

TOYOTAS are the toughest cars out there!!:lol:

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
ROFL! Good to hear Toyota's are tough as nails cuz winter's coming and those curbs popup outta nowhere!

I'm actually very surprised. I had this old 91 Mazda 323 hatch and was 2 days from selling it. I was parked in a lot and forgot that there was one of those parking lot railway ties in front of me. Well I goosed it and flew right up over it and stopped with the car on the tranny. It was gravel so it wasn't long before I had two holes on either sides under my wheels.

Had to jack up each tire a few times and wedge the railway tie out inch-by-inch. Put a dent in the tranny casing. God knows what else. But she's gone to a better home now. ;)

Embarassing as hell as I watched the cute young girl get back into her Audi TT trying not to laugh her ass off.

LOL! Road War stories. Gives me a good idea for a thread.

·
since 1996
05 Impreza RS 2.5
1,772 Posts
Ya, I got side swiped by a dump truck and my Corolla is still going. The frame is still nice and straight and that is what matters most to me.

·
Registered
95 Posts
my dad never changed the AT tranny fluid in his 88 corolla FX in 180,000 miles/16 years and I still trust it to take me everyday to school/work with no problems. Toyotas might not be tanks when it comes to collisions but everything else is about as bulletproof. (given that you dont try to beat it up.)

·
Registered
1988 AE80 Corolla
44 Posts
1989 Toyota Camry, first car. Took it rallying in the local state forest, lost control in a series of S bends (dirt roads, high speeds...) hit the graded edge of the road (track?) became airborn sideways, landed backwards and ended up on the passenger side in a ditch with two mates in the back seat. Total damage? A bit of panel work, new coat of wax and a tyre repair. (small rocks had worked their way betwnn the rim and the tyre) That same car later ended up hitting a shopping trolley dropped off a freeway overpass while travelling at 120km/hr, repaired and stolen 3 weeks later.

The 81 Corolla I own now, nothing major. The occasional small mammal struck, spin out or close call, but never struck anything significant yet (touch wood). Original everything major, 295,000kms on the dial and still undertseering like a pig. :p

Cheers
DRaKeN

P.S Wheres that road war stories thread at? lol

·
Registered
132 Posts
I got T-boned by a school bus in my parent's 1990 corolla wagon. Everything litterally went dark because the bus had such a high ass grill that it left me in its shadow.

Car is still running strong till this day and driven daily. :thumbup:

·
Registered
190 Posts
my '77 drive better than my '93 :D
just need more power offa that 2TC motor, but i got a 180km/h tix offa a 1.6l carby 27 years old motor hahaha
toyota ownz. built to tough

·
Registered
1988 AE80 Corolla
44 Posts
I have found the TOUGHEST Corolla out there...maybe even the toughest factory Toyota motor....

My best friend drives a KE70 (4kc motor, 1.3 carby) like me, but an 83 model and 4spd manual....Coming home from a party, I was kinda drunk and we dropped his missus off at her house. Driving along the highway home, the engine decided to just run rough as guts for no particular reason....No backing on.off of the throttle, no bangs/pops etc...So we pulled over and were hearing some very nasty noises with the bonnet up in the dark...

A quick (would have been quicker if I was sober....) call to the RACV boys and they showed up reasonably quickly. With his help, a torch and a dropsheet, we discovered that a piston didnt like being inside the block anymore and had decided to break free through the bottom of the block....We later found that a lack of oil had caused a bearing to fail and the piston/conrod left to continue its downward motion.....And air condition the block...

Funny thing was...tho it went as rough as guts, it was still running and drivable!! I kid you not we drove about 12kms back to his house with the RACV van behind us (unable to tow). Had to rev it more but yeah....By the way he's in the market for anew car...anyone in Vic with a decent car for about 3grand...let me know okay? :D

Cheers
DRaKeN

·
Deer Smasher
1988 Corolla SR5
401 Posts
Check out what a deer did to mine...

and there is a small dent in the back of the door.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts