Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now I have a good reason to buy a new front bumper Blane.

Insurance wanted $500 for my deductible and the part inst even worth that. So now i'm in the market for a new one. Perferably one of those sporty aftermarket ones people have been posting. Just gotta find who sells them and if they're willing to ship overseas.

·
Registered
629 Posts
U might be able to get a different front lip which should cover that or just have the bumper repaired

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What the hell is that?
Lol, I said the same thing at first. This was the day after that big storm. Came down over a speed bump and bam...didnt even see it until i parked and got out. Guess it was some scrap metal that blown off whatever.

Either way, i know a mechanic who could probably fix it. Just wanted to know of any others I could by, if the price is right. Ideas???

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
1,384 Posts
Now I have a good reason to buy a new front bumper Blane.

Insurance wanted $500 for my deductible and the part inst even worth that. So now i'm in the market for a new one. Perferably one of those sporty aftermarket ones people have been posting. Just gotta find who sells them and if they're willing to ship overseas.
a new bumper with the paint job for sure will be over 500 price tag.

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well i got the estimate done already. They were going to replace the whole bumper for $180. Don't remember the cost of paint job (don't have it on hand right now) but it wasn't $320 worth. They were charging a butt-load for the labor. I can put it on myself, courtesy of the diy on here. Painting would be my only concern but I know a guy who know a guy who know a guy ;)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Your lucky it didn't go thru the Radiator.

I would go with an aftermarket frt bumper....It would look way better.:thumbsup:

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
^^lol, i just might or one of those bullet hole stickers. I'm very glad it didn't puncture anything. It was a good 8 inches in there.

·
Registered
552 Posts
yeah.. IMO i wouldn't fix it right away if it was my car. it's cosmetic and from the picture, it looks to be a 1 inch by 1 inch square hole .

if it were to be my car, I would cover it up with a sticker or something until i found a good way to cover/fix it. keep bumper as spare too lol

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)

·
Registered
174 Posts
yeah.. IMO i wouldn't fix it right away if it was my car. it's cosmetic and from the picture, it looks to be a 1 inch by 1 inch square hole .

if it were to be my car, I would cover it up with a sticker or something until i found a good way to cover/fix it. keep bumper as spare too lol
Cheap ass! But seriously though, that's a good advice. I would just cover it with a cool bandage sticker if nothing else is broken.

·
Registered
552 Posts
lmfao when i had my accident i was gonna cover my hole up with bunch of stickers but then my parents wanted me to fix it and the hood couldn't open.. so claimed insurance and got it fixed. 250 deductible for a 2,000 dollar repair :D

what was stupid is that my car got broken into the same morning i was going to head out to drop off at shop.. wasted another 250 for window + tint.

hole was caused by the tow hook from back of a truck and hood bent from the bumper of truck. (stupid people who brake super hard and fast during traffic.. :( )

·
Baskin' In The Glow
DMV (DC, MD, VA)
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
That would've been a big-ass sticker, lol!!

·
Registered
09 Toyota Corolla S
3,516 Posts
lmfao when i had my accident i was gonna cover my hole up with bunch of stickers but then my parents wanted me to fix it and the hood couldn't open.. so claimed insurance and got it fixed. 250 deductible for a 2,000 dollar repair :D

what was stupid is that my car got broken into the same morning i was going to head out to drop off at shop.. wasted another 250 for window + tint.

hole was caused by the tow hook from back of a truck and hood bent from the bumper of truck. (stupid people who brake super hard and fast during traffic.. :( )
Ouch! I hate it when idiots tailgate other cars because they have to slam on their brakes all the time to not rear end them and therefor you do too and the trucks drive around with the tow hitch/ball/hook on the car and they would do more damage

·
Joined the dark side. :D
8,839 Posts
I hate driving around idiots that keep pressing on the brake or slamming on the brake. Do my best to pass them or keep far far distance.

It doesn't help when the other guy in front of you can't speed up cause of the guy in front and in front etc. But I also hate it when idiot van drive slow and on the phone and on the left lane creating a long chain of road block..... like just now. Is it ok for me to teach them a lesson? I would if I drive some beat up car. :(

·
Registered
83 Posts
What I like to do is get in front of the " Gapper " slacking off, and make sure you slow to his pace & put the windshield wipers on to give them a nice shower. * note * only really works at speeds over 45-50mph.

It really pisses them off ! :thumbsup:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts