Toyota Nation Forum banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
The hub size of the G35 is 66.1mm. The hub size of the Camry is 60.1mm.

There is no ring that goes from 66.1mm to 60.1mm. But you can get the wheels bored out by a competent machine shop to 73mm, which is the size of most aftermarket rings. Ratko and I both have wheels that have undergone this process, and they fit just fine after the rings are installed. The machine shop charged, if memory serves, $100 per set.

In terms of the rim and tires, the fronts (16" x 7", +40mm offset, 206/60R16) will work (99% sure). The rears will definitely NOT work.

Everything else BenG has already covered. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Found some locally too......so that problem is solved, :) With the hub ring i can put on the G35 rim no problem right? I mean its safe and all (dont consider the fact that it might stick out and what not :p )

im just saying the rim will fit.....with the ring.....and work.....correct? :)

·
Super Moderator
3,631 Posts
I hate to nitpick, but not all Toyota 5x114.3 rims have the same hub size of 60.1 mm. Please note that the MK IV supra and the MK III Supra, while both sharing this bolt pattern, have different hub sizes. The MK III has been roughly measured at 60mm (probably the 60.1), where the MK IV is confirmed at a number around 62. MK IV rims, a common swap to MK III cars confirm the gap, as did one members rear brake upgrade using MKIV rotors. The pics actually surprised me as to there being a significant difference, but there it was.

Bob

·
Registered
2,602 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Re: rim? will these fit on my 97 camry ce?

pgmomni said:
15" (15x7) Infinity Q45 OEM alloy rims that came off a 1991 Q45. With bolt pattern of 5x114 and 35mm offset, which will fit on ALL 92-96 Toyota Camry, and most 5 lug cars.

please help me as i read all this offset and hub info and now
im not sure if they will fit or not?
tks, pete
It will physically fit on in terms of bolt pattern and clearance. However, it will not be hubcentric - i.e. the weight of the vehicle will rest on the wheel studs. One solution is to have the hub of the wheels bored out to 73mm, which will allow you to use standard hub rings.

·
The Greatest
3,830 Posts
What is MH3K?

And uh...check out ultimate camry FAQ. There is a link to it in camry FAQ or you can go to the main page toyotanation.com and click FAQ. It has stock offset if thats what your asking.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am wondering what you would suggest for a good rain tire? Around here I'll be lucky if I see snow. We do see a lot of rain during the winter and spring. Temps don't drop past 40F much so cold weather driving is not an issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wheel offset help

I want to put 2005 Tacoma X-runner 18" wheels on my 2002 tacoma 2wd, which has the stock 15 inch steel wheels. I can't seem to find out if the offsets are different or will cause problems. I don't want the wheels to stick out. If you could help that would be awesome.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Squidward said:
I am wondering what you would suggest for a good rain tire? Around here I'll be lucky if I see snow. We do see a lot of rain during the winter and spring. Temps don't drop past 40F much so cold weather driving is not an issue.
cooper lifeliner tourings-i got a ew set a month a-great tire and excelent wet traction

·
Registered
361 Posts
Been searching for information regarding spacers. Anyone know where to find spacers to fit a Gen 4 4cylinder camry?

Omar

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
SpectraBlueCam said:
Wheel offset, like you said, generally indicates how far a wheel sits relative to the strut housing on the inside and the wheel arches on the outside.
Very close, but (if I may, of course)........

Wheel offset is based on how the wheel sits in relation to the hub (hub mounting surface), not the strut housing nor the wheel arch. What you are referring to is actually the end result after the determination of the offset.

Your overall theory is right as per the end result, however; it's the hub that is designated as '0', not the strut housing. I will safely guess you had "hub" on your mind, based on your explanation. ;)

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
922 Posts
pgmomni said:
unless i can find some cheap 15" steel
rims i guess i will just have to stick w/ the 14"s.
im not after good looks, i have MH3K!
wet traction and MPG are my main concerns.
anyone know quickly what toyota stock 15" rims, alloy or steel i should look for at junk yards to fit my 87 camry ce?
tks,
pete
Pete,

Is it 87 or 97?

Your post stated steelies for an 87, but your signature is a 97.

Both are 2 different bolt circles (5x100 vs. 5x114.3)

21 - 40 of 61 Posts