Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2017 low miles
Braking from high way speed, creates vibration. Guess it's a warped situation. Can you recommend the direction I should move in
Dealer, or Independent? I bought 11 months ago with 25000 miles on it. Seems low for brake issue.
Also, do you recommend a more "beefed up" braking system?

Thank you

·
Camry Freak
Camry & Accord
2,418 Posts
2017 low miles
Braking from high way speed, creates vibration. Guess it's a warped situation. Can you recommend the direction I should move in
Dealer, or Independent? I bought 11 months ago with 25000 miles on it. Seems low for brake issue.
Also, do you recommend a more "beefed up" braking system?

Thank you
Agree with Vangm25. Don't guess. Take it to a trusted independent mechanic and have them diagnose it.

Generally the brakes on a Camry should last a pretty long time under normal driving. Your post seems to indicate that you just purchased this 2017 Camry. For all we/you know, the previous owner was extremely hard on the brakes and that's why they are having issues so soon. There could be other issues that are causing this too- your best bet is to have a trusted independent mechanic inspect, diagnose, and give you your options.

Most dealerships have high labor rates and charge you through the nose for parts... as in full retail for OEM parts. Independent shops usually have lower labor rates and will often use aftermarket brake parts that can be a lot cheaper while providing similar performance. If you insist on OEM parts, they can order those too but they will likely be a bit more expensive.

Good luck.

Reactions: mrjjjjj

·
Registered
2012 Camry SE, 4 cyl
593 Posts
Depending how this car was used and stored, low mileage can also cause problems. COVID times have not helped. When a car sits outdoors, moisture causes the areas of the rotor not in contact with the pads to rust. The longer it sits the worst it gets. This causes vibration which feels like warped rotors.

I have over 130K on my 2012 Camry and just installed my 3'rd set of pads. Always used Toyota OEM pads. Turned the front OEM rotors once and just replaced them. Rear rotors were replaced each time I changed the pads. I have done many panic stops from high speeds and never had a problems with vibrations using OEM pads. Replacement rotors were top end Raybestos.

If you pads are in good shape, you may just need to have the rotors turned.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts