Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm 18 and I just got a car, my first car, a toyota yaris. My big problem: it has speakers but just speakers and nothing else for audio system. How can I connect my ipod? (it's actually an iphone 3g) I have a cable that works perfectly in toyota sienna, I plug it in the aux jack and in the iphone and it works perfectly. In toyota yaris I couldn't find anything. :headbang: I don't want a stereo because I have everything on my iphone, radio, music everything. Please help me figure this out before I take everything apart and destroy this car...

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
lol...don't you dare touch that car unless it's for a positive reason.

First Welcome to TN.

Secondly, Congrats on the car and I can see you got the base model. The base model has speakers all set for you so that you can get and install your own stereo head unit. If you had a stereo, it would have come with an AUX input for your i-Pod to connect to.

If you don't really care about the stereo in your car, just find a cheap one with reasonable speaker output (RMS X 4 ..something around 20W per channel is perfect). And make sure it has an AUX input too.

How handy are you? you should be able to find something for 100 bucks plus another 20-30 for the harness and be good to go on your audio needs if you install it all yourself. Do some homework and visit a best buy or stereo shop....I suggest bestbuy, it might be more friendly.

Ask for a reasonable head unit with an Aux input to hook up to your preexisting speakers.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crap... so you say I need a stereo no matter what. I'm sure it IS possible but maybe it's more complicated and needs some special adapters to connect all speakers. :ugh3: I guess it'll be a while till I have music in my in car... and yea, it's the base model.

·
Half a Bubble Off Plumb
2009 Yaris Sedan
138 Posts
The auxiliary input jack (which I use for my iPod) is in the pocket on the right side of the center cluster. Uses a standard 1/8" stereo cable. But if you don't have any kind of sound equipment, you're SOL. Got to have an amplifier, and that's part of the radio.

·
Ninja-rator
4,262 Posts
http://www.toyotanation.com/forum/showthread.php?t=293363 here you go, well established member here. Decent stereo, good price. Has Aux and the harness for toyota so it's practically plug and play.

JVC KD-G340 CD/MP3 Player
Set of RCA’s out the back
HD Radio Ready
Sat Radio Ready
FRONT aux input for your mp3 player
Includes harness that is adapted for a Toyota – came out of my 1998 camry
Remote control included
Came with my camry when I bought it – guy had it installed at CC I believe, I upgraded to an eclipse unit with 3 5V outs for my sub + interior amps.
Worked great when I took it out, just do not need it
$65 shipped

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
RningOnFumes, thank you, but I don't have any money.. and by when I'll have I'm sure it will be sold. I'll just go to car toys or bestbuy when I have some cash.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts