Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
1991 Camry v6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello all. i'm a 21 year old college student from NYC and i recently acquired a 91 camry v6 with 81,000 original miles.

this is my first car, but i've been driving regularly since i was 16. for the past 3 years, my primary ride has been a motorcycle (05kawi zzr600)

the car needs a bit of work (replace valve cover gaskets, PCV valve, plugs and wires, some hoses, etc) and i am looking forward to learning as much as i can.

see you round the forums!

·
Full Throttle
1993 Corolla SE Ltd
6,774 Posts
Welcome to Toyota Nation! :hi:

Congrats on getting your first car! Sounds like you made a wise choice, as a Camry with that sort of mileage will almost last forever :). There's so much information available in the 1st & 2nd Gen Camry forum that you'll easily be able to replace the necessary parts in no time. Check out the DIY sticky in particular as it contains some great links.

If you have any questions about the forums, please don't hesitate to let me or one of the other Moderators know :thumbsup:

Enjoy! :chug:

·
1991 Camry v6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the warm welcome!

i'll post up my progress as the work gets done

i already replaced the valve cover gaskets, plugs and wires. now i need to replace the PCV valve, vacuum switch valve, and EGR gasket..

then clean the car.. then shine the car.. lol work cut out for me

·
ALSO AVAILABLE IN SOBER
7,457 Posts
Welcome!

81K on a 91 is super low mileage. You should be able to get a lot of life out of that one!

·
1991 Camry v6
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea the mileage is super low for that age car. its first and only owner was an older gentleman who pretty much used it to buy groceries and such trivial errands.

i got pretty lucky. its almost mind condition (minus a few scratches here and there)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts