Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

OK I might be crazy but when you have your windshield wipers on INT, to make them go faster you rotate it forward (clockwise) right? Can anyone verify this for me?

It rained for the first time in a while last night and now to make them go faster I have to rotate the knob backwards(towards me)

I think somehow it got reversed, what's up with that?

·
The Thread Killer
Taco DC 4X4 SR5
781 Posts

Mine is the same way, not sure if it's backwards or not it's my first Toyota with Intermittent Wipers. But I thought the same thing if that helps you feel any Better :D

·
french fried taters
546 Posts
They seem backwards to me too, guess itll take some getting used to.

·
Registered
2005 tacoma trd
866 Posts
counter is faster, full clockwise is slow the wide part on the graphic on the nob, narrow on the nob is fast master moderator :naughty:

·
Registered
317 Posts
That's correct. Rotate toward driver for faster wipe. It is same on my 97 4Runner and 06 Tacoma

·
Toyota Parts Manager
138 Posts
The "variable" dial is labled with three "lines". The longer the line, the longer the time between wipes. The shorter, the less time between wipes.

So. If you turn the dial back towards you, they will wipe faster. Turn it away from you, they go slower.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
230 Posts
cam2Xrunner said:
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

OK I might be crazy but when you have your windshield wipers on INT, to make them go faster you rotate it forward (clockwise) right? Can anyone verify this for me?

It rained for the first time in a while last night and now to make them go faster I have to rotate the knob backwards(towards me)

I think somehow it got reversed, what's up with that?
Don't worry...it threw me off too yesterday. it was my first time too...lol

The whole operation with that stick is ass backwards to me.

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
I get more confused on turning them on and off. I almost always end up pushing the wrong direction for whatever I want to do. I guess I'm still in Honda mode where you twist to turn it on.

·
Registered
34 Posts
X RUNNER: The speed dial for the int wipers seems backwords to me also. If my memory is correct, the control on my 92 toyota 4x4, that i owned for 13 years was the opossite of the 05 tacoma. After driving my new 05 for 4 months now, i'm still not familiar with the new settings yet.

2005 Tacoma X-Runner
9,188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm a service writer at a shop, and I've been playing with all the car's windshield wiper controls and they are all the opposite of the way our trucks are. Weird. My 99 Camry wasn't this way.

Oh well, I'm used to it now :lol:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Wiper controls in my 2020 rental cars Camrys, 2 so far are backwards from my year 2000 Camry. Pretty easy to get used to I suppose but wrong in the end and I guess it's not serious enough enough to have a recall.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts