Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well here is the 97 that I have been talking about
75aces said call it: Goldfinger But my wife stepped in and said nope she will be called Gkitty lol at least she keep the gold smile.Like I said she should be only needing a new gas tank and a valve for the a/c lets see if that true. here are some pics to get things started
back.jpg
cluster.jpg
data.jpg
engine.jpg
front.jpg

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
3,569 Posts
Great! I'm looking forward to seeing you get it up and running.

The back seat bottom cushion is not installed correctly. I'm guessing someone lifted it to disconnect the fuel pump/fuel sender wires, and just didn't put it back completely.

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
For all you football fans out there Look what My little Goldkitty dragged home LOL! WhoDat!!!! BLK N GLD to the super bowl!!!

lol .jpg

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It arrived yesterday while I was at work and today I am off so there it is. My question to you guys is do I need to paint the bottom side of the tank with like bed sealer or just regular paint or just hang it like it is?

gas tank.jpg

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,051 Posts
It should be fine as is. But preferences are preferences...

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
94RollaDad(y) on corrosion I going to use truck bed liner spray. Now I am trying to find a strainer set to match my fuel pump. didn't get anything done today so now have to wait till next thur when I am off lol but you know how we doing might sneak a thing or two in one day before dark

·
Premium Member
1994 Corolla DX
4,153 Posts
What is your question exactly? As for the fuel filter - the OE Toyota fuel filter is quite affordable, I'd go that route.

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
94RollaDad, post:
What is your question exactly? Sorry my question was.... Will I need to replace any thing else for this job to be complete?
My list: fuel filter, hoses and clamps

·
Premium Member
1994 Corolla DX
4,153 Posts
Depending on how rusty the tank straps and bolts and exhaust shield bolts are (I think you need to remove some of that? I can't recall) I'd say plan on getting some new bolts.

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I did not get much done like I wanted time sure flies... really trying to make a Christmas gift lol

Attachments

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
3,569 Posts
It looks like that is already built into the new tank. Is it even a separate part on the new tank? Does the new tank have that one way valve in the same place?

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
"DrZ, said Is it even a separate part on the new tank? Does the new tank have that one way valve in the same place?

I looked around there was no one way valves in the new tank I hope that this is not going to be a problem moving forward if it is how do I correct it

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
3,569 Posts
That might not be a problem as long as you keep the gas cap on. The valve seems to prevent gas from sloshing back up the filler hose.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Why don't they put the fuel pump at the back part of the tank. With it at the front, you will run out of gas earlier if pointed uphill. If you ran out of gas earlier when pointed downhill, at least you could coast.

·
Registered
1997 Corolla
5,051 Posts
I used to infrequently park in a spot where my old '93 would run out of gas if left idling - even with up to a quarter tank!!!

·
Registered
1994 corolla
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So I had a little time today to look at the underside where the tank goes the straps and heat shield and glued some pads on the tank to cushion it. To me everything looks good so far, I don't have any way to install that one way valve into the new tank so I would have to go on with out it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts