Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
hey im new to the forums my names raj i just bought my first car my 91 toyota cressida ...as i must say best 300 bucks ever spent it has 100k on the original motor and all that was wrong is my tranny with no reverse

well over the past couple weeks i had the car i bolted up the new tranny and got a new supra bumper for it its a work in progress let the pics speak for themselfs :thumbsup:

The first day i brought her home

followed by getting the new tranny for 100 buckss :clap:

got bored then washed it and took the fxcked up nose off and pulled some trim off

making room for that supra bumper

whatcha think?

got the old tranny out got the new one in all thats left is the driveshaft and the liness and thats almost a wrap

THATS ALL FOLKS! :thumbsup:

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
yea, 100k on original engine is right in the golden zone for BHG to show up. ward it of by torquing the head bolts to 75 ftlbs, then retorque to 75 ftlbs in 1000 miles.

if you can fit the supra bumper, lemme know how you did it. I've got one laying around :p

btw, fixed your links. in the future, use the IMG code, not the HTML code.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yea, 100k on original engine is right in the golden zone for BHG to show up. ward it of by torquing the head bolts to 75 ftlbs, then retorque to 75 ftlbs in 1000 miles.

if you can fit the supra bumper, lemme know how you did it. I've got one laying around :p

btw, fixed your links. in the future, use the IMG code, not the HTML code.
gotcha mod the cars finally revering and driving all it needs is oil!... i need to get my licence im dieing to drive it:headbang:

·
Registered
381 Posts
This looks like a very interesting build. Subscribing!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok a little update... the car was runnign i parked it up for a few weeks then i come to start it the other day the engines knocking and smoking up... also the supra bumper project was an EPIC fail because i bought the wrong year bumper =[ .. also in the prcess i dented the door on a tree stump FML... now im working saving up for a 1jz and trying to find front end parts itll be back underway soon

·
Cressida nut
91 Pickup (Hilux)2wd
4,586 Posts
...also in the prcess i dented the door on a tree stump FML...
LOL been there. was pushing a car around in the garage. drivers door open to steer. backing up put the corner of the door right in the middle of the radiator :(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts