Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hmm i am young and i had been thinking about a motorcyle for a long time. And now came the time to buy it, i knew i was going to be dropping it a lot so i decided to go for something economical, and the only way was to get it parted out. Which i did, it came out to $2000, its a yamaha r6 2001. Its in need of headlights and fairings and some other stuff like the oil cover which is broken so i need to buy that refill it and run to see how it sounds, all fixed up normally this bike goes for about $5000. I am going to go sick on this bike, and wont be forgeting a retrofit. Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
04 CAMRY LE
1,123 Posts
NICE!...would be sick with a retro...although the flicker might get a somewhat annoying for cars in front of you.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Who needs fairings anyways, just get the light and oil cover and drive it. It will be less of a target for theft too.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
for the time i wont be buying anything exept probably the lights. Fairing is way to expensive to buy and just on a drop fuck it all up.

·
Registered
97 camry
240 Posts
Good luck with that. Have you joined the forum for the r6's r6-forum.com. They have many people selling cheap parts. I have an 05 r6. Hope the bike wasnt stunted then you might run into your clutch slipping in 2nd.....which is what r6's are known for

·
Registered
04 CAMRY LE
1,123 Posts
Yes...a good helmet is a MUST. i broke my last helmet doing jumps...i should have bought something better, lol...my helpmet cracked up the side...its all good though. Tite bike..and stay safe.

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,304 Posts
yamaha bikes are the sex.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,979 Posts
let's see what Allen will say about proper safety gear. I'm sure he's an advocate for it now.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
haha i am sure ill go through that aswell, i ve never riden. Its so heavy i am afraid it will fall on my leg, that will do some damage fo sho.

·
Registered
04 CAMRY LE
1,123 Posts
hmmm^you might wanna spend some money and invest your time into some classes...very worth your time. Especailly if you've never riden. Thats how i cracked my helmet and broke my hand and colar bone on my first month of riding:lol:..but thats from doing jumps on the dirt bike, lol. God luck have fun and stay safe

·
Registered
98 Camry XLE V6
3,116 Posts
take a class, all my relatives highly recommend that. they felt much better after taking a class.
good helmet and be smart!

congrats on getting a bike since you've wanted it for a long time! Maybe i'll see you blow by on Campus Dr. one day...haha

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
^^ yeh i registered for the MSF classes even beforei had the bike. haha, i muh be taking them this weekend, those classes are a must.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
1st day on the tyrack and i fall the fuck off. Damn my leg is all scraped, and my hand was dislocated.... hmm. i am wondering if its a good idea... lol.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts