Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my new toy..

The signal is off in the pics, I have it but im thinking about taking them all off and buying some flush mounts...

Anyway the first couple of pics are before shots.. The day after I brought it home, the last couple of shots are some stuff I have done to it thus far... Painted the wheels black, did the stickers black, cleaned it some, tinted the window darker black.... The last pic is a p.s. of
what i was contemplating..

It is a 93 Kawasaki 500 Ninja

·
Moving Forward
3,144 Posts
Not a big bike fan but it looks nice. New toys are always fun no matter what huh.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
man that things niiiice oh yeah the bike is pretty sweet too lol.

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It would look good if I could get some lower fairings something kinda like this

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have to say its gonna be between these two looks....
A.

B.

·
my name isn't really Bob
Solara
1,887 Posts
Id go with the all black, its kind of an old bike to be flashy, so you might as well be stealthy. Are there any good roads around your area, or is tennesee pretty flat? If you ever make one big road trip, its got to be Highway 1, from just north of SanFran, and it heads north for about 300miles, somthin like that, just be sure to have good tires. It was definitly the best 300 miles of my life.

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Durrby... Yeah they are similar.. Im thinking about getting rid of mine.. I like em alright but i think i wanna step down to a 15 or 16

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Damn that's a sweet mini. I'm loving your truck, but nice bike also. I would go w/ the all black for the bike.

·
<^-~*PIMP*~-^>
758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comment dna59

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
isnt the ninja air/water cooled? if you put lower fairings on it you are going to run very hot. and from the bikes i have had you want to keep them as cool as posibul. every time you come to a stop light and have to sit for a little the temp goes up big time.i would go with the look you want but not cover the motor just paint it black& green.
BTW nice bike. great to learn on and to have fun with

·
2005 Corolla XRS
309 Posts
Yeah you're gonna want to keep that bike as open as possible, they get hot fast. Definately paint it Kawi Team Green, that looks awesome with the black. Oh and be sure to tighten your chain and check your sprocket teeth, don't want to lose a foot. And always check tire pressure. Remember that people can't see you as well, so get a loud loud horn on that thing.

Great bike! Is this your first one? If so be really careful, especially in TN. Our roads are very poorly maintained, and lots of gravel outside of driveways here. Not to mention the total lack of competent drivers due to our poor driver's ed system in this state (most people only have to drive around a parking lot to pass in TN).
I rode my Suzuki GSX-R 750 (my learner bike:D ) for 15K miles in one year and never layed it down, so don't listen to people who say you will crash no matter what, they are just bad riders. I lost my licence for 6 months for riding wheelies. I'll never get another bike, I can't control myself on one, and now I have a kid and respect the danger of them.

Good luck, enjoy your bike. Be careful.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts