Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well, since i am getting money for the stolen and sold motor, i went and bought myself another car.

she is currently sitting at my buddy Mike's place, till we get a new, stage 3 clutch in her.

here's some more pics:

she's a little rough, and needs some work, but she's strong in the motor. just needs a new exhaust hung, new rear struts, and a clutch installed. Mike's got the clutch, and i'm heading over there in a week or two to install it.

for those who DON'T know, that's a 1991 Cavalier Z24...3.1L V6 5spd. currently runs 15s in the quarter, is fully capable of mid to low 11s with some motor work.

i hope to have the majority of the suspension work done by mid next year...and i hopefully will have started on the motor by then.

oh yeah...and the painted stock rims are GOING as soon as i can afford good, lightweight 14, 15, or 16 inch rims.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Nice. hehe. Glad I got a sneak peak ;)

Send me the front grille (if it's removeable) and I can make you a fiberglass one. One without the Chevy emblem :)

When I come out there in spring (and move there in summer of 2006) I'll be glad to help ya with it :)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
actually, hun, i appreciate, but i'm keeping it. will repaint the bowtie red...that's about all.

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Well, I could at least make out that doesn't have the crease. I guess I could leave the emblem.

And fiberglass adds like 15hp at the wheels ;) And a whole second off your 1/4 mile :lol:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
lol

i'll think about it, ok?

·
Auto-Cross Addict
3,837 Posts
Ok.

I just need another project right now. Since project "C" is delayed due to the quality of parts :(

*Although it would look cleaner without the emblem. But I know why you want it ;)

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hehehehe...yeah, i'd like to show the civic kids around here that they got spanked by a chevy.

not to mention the whole crossing nationalities thing with the cars...

besides, with the bowtie outlined in red, i think it looks nice.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
darkprince - thanks :)

2wickedtoys - nah...i like the z body.

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
i know...i did a lot of research, and looked at a LOT of Z24s before deciding on this one.

reasons: it's incredibly hard to find a 1991-94 z24 manual in a tolerable color. i originally wanted a convertible, but ended up with the tincan instead...for weight saving reasons, as well as the car's situation. the owner's someone in my club who's getting divorced(at 25 :( ) and just needs the money for the lawyer and whatnot. since he's letting me do payments, it'll help both of us out in the long run.

not to mention, the motor's in REALLY good condition and still has under 100k on her.

funny thing is, i could have gotten an RS for cheaper...with the same motor and beefed swaybar setup...but i wanted the stock body kit :)

now i just have to find myself some stock wheels.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
oohhh, z24, nice..:thumbup:

so, why specifically a cavalier..?

why not a chevy sprint turbo..?

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
because this was readily available to me, and i know cavs rather well...not as familiar with the specifics of the Sprints.

not to mention, they're not found in this area...seems like they never existed in Baltimore.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
Nice car... personally i would prefer the Trans-Am in the background tho.. :D

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
fabius - nope, no swaps...i'm sticking with what the factory gave her as far as motor and the trans. just changed out the clutch.

thespud - heh, yeah, but this car drops my insurance $2 a year(to have both on my insurance. go figure).

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
I really dont get the US insurance deal.. we pay both cars insurance in.. full for me if i bought another car exactly the same as the one i have now, i would be paying 2200py instead of the 1100 i pay now.

But then again, i dont get the tax system either.. being a Dual Citizen, Do the IRS not beleive in non-lodgment forms like Australia does? here... you dont pay tax, you fill out one form to say so.. but i still gotta fill the Novel of a tax form the IRS gives me each year... go figure :confused:

·
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒ&
2,727 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i don't know the dual citizenship laws...the last person i knew with dual was someone in high school, and we never discussed the laws attached to it...heh.

that sucks about the IRS paperwork, though.

·
Country Hick
2001 Nissan Pulsar
1,339 Posts
yeh it does.. I only have duel citizenship tho coz i have an American born Mother and an Australian born Father... born and raised here tho... although i did live in NC with my grandparents for a year when i was 9.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts