Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Sequoia Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How freaky. 1. I didn't know I had remote start 2. Didn't know how to turn it off.

Working on my new to me 2008 Sequoia. I am making a platform to span the 2nd and 3rd row so I was working with a template and going in and out of the second row doors. All of a sudden it started... I might have touched the keys?

I tried:

putting the key in the ignition and turning it on, and off...nothing
pushed the buttons on the second remote which I am guessing might be related to the remote start as the main Toyota remote doesn't have any remote start buttons?

From working on the air cleaner I knew it would turn off if I removed the air cleaner, so I did that, to at least get the engine to stop.

Then I disconnected the battery to lose power to whatever was making it run.

BTW, while in this mode, it ignored the Toyota remote, such as locking the doors. Had to use the key.

Help please!

·
Registered
2008 Sequoia Platinum
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I gave it 20-30 minutes to rethink it's ways. Put the air filter back together, connected the battery. The engine started right back up again. Disconnected the battery, still running, took AF apart again to kill it. I hope this isn't my new routine.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.