Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got a good deal on these bad boys but wont be putting them on for a while. I want to wear out my RE050s before I put these on. Got a set of (4) 255/40-18 for $450 all 4 have 10/32s still. Anyone run the KDW2s before? Whats your take on them?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
lol, I know where you bought those....on craigslist right?

·
Touge Star
2000 Toyota Camry LE
2,691 Posts
Yeah those are some good tires (and really wide too :eek:). I know several people who run with them and highly recommend them. One drives a 3rd gen Camry and the other an 8th gen Civic SI. Both say that they grip well, especially on the canyon roads.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
lol, I know where you bought those....on craigslist right?
Yes Sir! The guy had them listed in the San Diego CL but was actually in Hemet, CA...which is only like 20 mins from me. The guy's car is sweet too. He was getting rid of the KDW2s because they rubbed so he went with 255/35s. Im already running 255/40 RE050s all around on my ISx50 wheels with no rubbing so these should fit right in!

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
Yes Sir! The guy had them listed in the San Diego CL but was actually in Hemet, CA...which is only like 20 mins from me. The guy's car is sweet too. He was getting rid of the KDW2s because they rubbed so he went with 255/35s. Im already running 255/40 RE050s all around on my ISx50 wheels with no rubbing so these should fit right in!
Damn, I'm looking a pair of 255-40-18 for my rear rims. Let me know if you want to sell just 2 of those tires. :D

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll let you know if I end up installing these a bit sooner. So far the fronts have 6/32nds and the rears have 7/32nds so Im hoping they will last me for a while. Are you looking for RE050s or any 255/40?

·
Here and there...
Camry 07
5,838 Posts
I'll let you know if I end up installing these a bit sooner. So far the fronts have 6/32nds and the rears have 7/32nds so Im hoping they will last me for a while. Are you looking for RE050s or any 255/40?
Any 255/40/18 as long as they are not made from China.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
Any 255/40/18 as long as they are not made from China.
oh well u better stop looking because in today's economy everything is made there. :lol:

nice tires btw.

·
2008CAMRYSE
2008CAMRYSE
73 Posts
That was a good deal!! I have those before on my Camry with an IS wheels.. The grip on turns are the best. The only thing that I don't like on the tires is too noisy after couple of thousand of miles. But the grip is awesome!!

·
Registered
2007 Camry
479 Posts
Camry will NEVER have enough torque to break those loose

lol JK nice buy

·
2008 Camry Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid
1,527 Posts
Those look fierce, but why are you so sure used tires will last you?

·
Registered
204 Posts
i am a big potenza fan and will buy anything that has pole position written on it... and alot of those tires are made in Japan

·
Registered
204 Posts
my friend has those on his M3... i loose traction in 2nd all the time...

but then again thats alot of power

potenzas are the shit

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Those look fierce, but why are you so sure used tires will last you?
My current tires are the ones with 6 & 7/32nds. The KDWs are still at 10/32nds (100% remaining). Why wouldnt used tires at 100% last?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
That was a good deal!! I have those before on my Camry with an IS wheels.. The grip on turns are the best. The only thing that I don't like on the tires is too noisy after couple of thousand of miles. But the grip is awesome!!
I keep hearing that they are noisy. Dont know how much louder than the RE050s these will be but they look good and im willing to give them a shot. The camry doesnt get driven much (21K in 2 yrs) either so it might not be an issue. Maybe the noise will be a good excuse for an exhaust? :naughty:

·
2008 Camry Hybrid
2008 Camry Hybrid
1,527 Posts
My current tires are the ones with 6 & 7/32nds. The KDWs are still at 10/32nds (100% remaining). Why wouldnt used tires at 100% last?
Well used tires is a big no-no. U never know what happened to them in the past. You may get belt separation one day without warning.

Used tires are like used shoes. You never buy used shoes...well unless you're on welfare support.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
Well used tires is a big no-no. U never know what happened to them in the past. You may get belt separation one day without warning.

Used tires are like used shoes. You never buy used shoes...well unless you're on welfare support.
exactly. tires are one of those things that you should buy new. you get what you paid for....

1 - 19 of 19 Posts