Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oky, been thinking about the car a bit for a while, and am trying to have some nice "legal" parts on it, sorta sick of driving around with the thought of a "defect" going through my mind. Most of the car is legal, however, a mate got defected for his sports steering wheel, because it wasn't padded. So, i thought i'd change mine over to something different and un usual. So... i got this :

It's a genuine JZX90 Toyota Chaser Tourer V Mark 2 wheel from Japan. Got it off a friend who used the 1JZ for his car. I painted it with black vinyl dye to bring back the luster. Splines and horn work perfect! Such a comfy wheel to drive wheel...and really looks the part.

:clap: :clap:

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
RedPhoenix said:
oh wow very cool. you know this is the first time im seeing the inside of your car
Really!?? haha. There's pics of it in my manual conversion thread, but now its got a few little extra's since then.

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eye8Pussies said:
looking good :thumbup:

is that just a horn, or an airbag as well?
This is the non-airbag version. Makes life a little easier when installing (and legal too i think, im not sure, but i think it may be illegal to add an airbag to a car that didnt have one originally, without it going through engineering and testing)

·
Still confused...
95 camry coupe v6
2,305 Posts
wow, looks amazing mate! now if only it had some white stiching done to it....lol

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,370 Posts
JetspeedCamry said:
This is the non-airbag version. Makes life a little easier when installing (and legal too i think, im not sure, but i think it may be illegal to add an airbag to a car that didnt have one originally, without it going through engineering and testing)

ahhh...lucky :thumbup:

it's so much more expensive when we have to replace our wheels with another one with an airbag...so many aftermarket non-airbag versions available tho

·
VeeZed
1988 Toyota Camry V6
2,298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well, the splines, indicator return and horn all work 100%. The only thing i did to "fit" it, was to cut a small lip of plastic from the back of the wheel. I assume this normally fits into the Chasers column trims to neaten it up, but the Camry's cutout was slighty smaller. But the wheel fits nicely up against the Camry's trims, so it works quite well.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Damn I never did see this thread, but that's one sweet steering wheel.

·
Mad Scientist-In-Training
918 Posts
:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Nice going Kurt...now I want one...;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.