Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Camry
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oil seem to appear here every time after I drive my car. If I replace the oil filter cooler ring will it fix this problem or is this something else. If you think it's something else please let me know.

·
Registered
Camry
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got my parts from a dealer down the street. The cost was only $8 for the o-ring and gasket. It wasn't too hard to fix with the instructions. Took me about 30 minutes. The oil filter didn't seem to want to come off easily. Now I just have to fix my leak from the rear and front seal....=(

·
Default User Title
Camry GEN 3
768 Posts
I think I have the same problem cause theres alot of dried oil crud where the circle is. BUT, to the left of the filter, there is also crud and when I looked at it, it was moist. Also, my oil levels havent significantly decreased. Did anyone of you have a burning smell coming from your engine bay?

·
Default User Title
Camry GEN 3
768 Posts
Did you replace the engine coolant as well? B/c I dont see what the coolant has anything to do with the lube system.

I got my parts from a dealer down the street. The cost was only $8 for the o-ring and gasket. It wasn't too hard to fix with the instructions. Took me about 30 minutes. The oil filter didn't seem to want to come off easily. Now I just have to fix my leak from the rear and front seal....=(

·
Registered
Camry
630 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I think I have the same problem cause theres alot of dried oil crud where the circle is. BUT, to the left of the filter, there is also crud and when I looked at it, it was moist. Also, my oil levels havent significantly decreased. Did anyone of you have a burning smell coming from your engine bay?
I didn't have any burning smell coming from the engine bay. There was just a lot of oil under the oil cooler. I didn't replace the engine coolant. It said to drain the engine coolant but I didn't want to bother with that. All I did was remove everything and then replace the O-ring and gasket. I didn't even disconnect the two water bypass hoses.

Edit: I think it'll be easier if you drain the coolant and then remove the two water bypass hoses, that way you can take the oil cooler out and have a better look at it for easier installation. Since I didn't disconnect the hoses my movement with the cooler was very limited.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts