Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2002 Camry XLE, 4 cyl. (Daily driver, US made). I plan to order these on RockAuto.

Pl. suggest any changes needed.

FRONT:
Pads: AKEBONO Part # ACT908 ProACT Ultra Premium Ceramic Pad
Rotor: CENTRIC Part # 12044079 Premium Rotor-Preferred

REAR:
Pads: RAYBESTOS Part # PGD828C 1.730" X 3.910" Professional Grade Ceramic
Rotor: I am reusing old ones.

Thx

·
Hello, Good Morning
486 Posts
2002 Camry XLE, 4 cyl. (Daily driver, US made). I plan to order these on RockAuto.

Pl. suggest any changes needed.

FRONT:
Pads: AKEBONO Part # ACT908 ProACT Ultra Premium Ceramic Pad
Rotor: CENTRIC Part # 12044079 Premium Rotor-Preferred

REAR:
Pads: RAYBESTOS Part # PGD828C 1.730" X 3.910" Professional Grade Ceramic
Rotor: I am reusing old ones.

Thx
I have akebonos all around on my 07 camry and i enjoy them braking is a little less then oe but it seems to last longer. Ive heard good things about raybestos as well but not personal experience with them. Ive never mixed break pads so im not sure about that someone with more knowledge can chime in about that.

I would not deal with rockauto. Their data base is pretty inaccurate.

Sam
Ive purchased things from them haven't had any issues. Haven't recently so maybe they are now, not sure.

·
Maven
3,070 Posts
Someone is paying a lot of postage to ship rotors across the country. It isn't RockAuto. Go down to your local parts store, buy som good ceramic pads and get your rotors at the same place. Raybestos gets cussed at from time to time, but in the end they are as good as anything else. Almost any kind of rotor will be an improvement over the Toyota oem's. Forget mail order and buy locally. Your wallet will thank you, and nobody will know the difference.

Reactions: Donald E. George

·
2004 Camry LE
Cars
777 Posts
Aomwonw ia paying a lot of postage to ship rotors across the country. It isn't RockAuto. Go down to your local parts store, buy som good ceramic pads and get your rotors at the same place. Raybestos gets cussed at from time to time, but in the end they are as good as anything else. Almost any kind of rotor will be an improvement over the Toyota oem's. Forget mail order and buy locally. Your wallet will thank you, and nobody will know the difference.
That was the way I went when ra screwed my order for the third time. I paid a little more but if the part is wrong or does not fit I can always go to the store, compare parts and return/exchange them without any hassle and without paying return postage.

Sam

·
Registered
824 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am confused now. I read in other posts that akebono and centric rotors are is highly recommended by folks here.

Now, these are not available in stores locally. Is there a differen brand you guys can recommend that offers good braking, no dust and long life?.

·
Premium Member
Lexus IS350
2,409 Posts
I am confused now. I read in other posts that akebono and centric rotors are is highly recommended by folks here.

Now, these are not available in stores locally. Is there a differen brand you guys can recommend that offers good braking, no dust and long life?.
Just go with the akebonos and the centrics, those are a pretty good combo. No need for the TRDs imo.

·
イリジウム
14,760 Posts
Check Amazon for prices and free shipping.

When you remove the old pads see if the "edge codes" are still visible. The edge codes are printed on the back of the pads (or edges of the old brake shoes). If you see something like "AK xxx-xxx FF", then the factory ones are Akebono. (They can also be NBK or Sumitomo, IMO are lesser pads than Akebono).

I would just get Akebono ProAct and Centric C-tek (or Centric Premium if you have a rust problem in the region). Raybestos IME didn't last very long. maybe about 25K miles they're done. I'm not sure about the most recent formulations however.

As mentioned, double check part numbers on Centric and Akebono websites.
http://www.showmetheparts.com/akebono/
http://www.centricparts.com/

You should also make sure the anchor pins are not sticking. They should move with two fingers pressure. Clean rubber parts only with alcohol and relube with Permatex Ceramic Extreme. Clean metal parts with the stronger brake parts cleaner.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.