Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1998 T100 SR5 4WD
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My T100 gets most of my attention, but I decided to give a bit to my daily driver. I took the weekend to replace the ugly halogen reflector lights with projectors, and while I had it all taken apart, upgraded the intercooler. I also vinyl wrapped the v-brace bars behind the grill.

Old lights:

Old and new for comparison:

My buddy’s old intercooler (3k miles only) before he upgraded to a new car:
Test fitting the new ones (and the halos):

All complete:

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
What a strange looking Toyota Supra. Haha that’s sweet. I think some came factory LED headlights right? I hate how some newer Euros still come in halogens... nice daily!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 T100 SR5 4WD
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Haha. Yeah, some came factory with LEDs or HIDs too. Surprises me that BMW could get away with halogen reflectors this day and age. I’ve always hated reflector lights. I wish there was an option for the T100 for projectors. I really like the work of this place, but likely out of my price range even if he could fab something up.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Yeah same, my favorite is HID projectors. I’ve made a quad projector headlight myself..

Both are powered by D2S bulbs. All custom force-fitted projectors. My build is posted here on TN if you want to view.

It’s funny you mentioned bxbuilt. These guys buy headlights from the company I work at currently. I’m assuming they also add extra lighting bits to them or even maybe retrofit a better projector.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1998 T100 SR5 4WD
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow, that looks great! Nice work 👍. I’ll definitely take a look at your thread on those.

·
Registered
KS
1,606 Posts
Penny this is awesome! Keep up the pics and the work. Love it. what all have you done to the car? How much power;)?

·
Registered
1998 T100 SR5 4WD
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Wolf. So far it has an AWE cat back exhaust, Injen cold air intake, ER competition catted downpipe, VRSF intercooler, and a stage 2 ECU tune. It’s currently at around 370hp at the flywheel (not the wheels, I figure around 20-ish % drivetrain loss to the rear wheels).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts