Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spain. Last July 16th we took the car to the garage due some indicators lights that appeared in the instrument panel (following the user manual instructions).
On July 18th, Toyota services ask us for authorization to extend fault diagnosis time because after three hours they were not be able to find the root cause of the failure/s.
On July 22nd Toyota services tell us that the car has two failures: hybrid battery and ABS pump, and both pieces should be replaced. Estimated price: above 5000€.
These failures, specially the one related with ABS pump, invites to think about a manufacturing defect.
Toyota customer service answer us the car is out of warranty as it’s older than 9 years and it’ not strange to have these kinds of failures as they are pieces that use to fail due usage and time.
After checking the car had passed all the car inspections in official services and at the correct time (we had to send all the documents related to the garage), Toyota service let us know that the hybrid inspection extends the warranty one year or another 15.000 KM.
When the Toyota service requests authorization to Toyota Spain to replace the battery (as it’s cover by the warranty), the answer is that after review the diagnostic message, the battery status change from ‘to be substituted’ to ‘everything is OK’. I know it could sound as a joke, but usually reality is funnier than fiction (I feel like in a Marx Bros. film).
Toyota Spain message has been: ‘it’s not strange that a Toyota car, after 9 years, could have these kinds of failures that could cost you more than 5000€’
Customer service? Something is wrong in this title….as customers, they disappointed us and is a pain to be a Toyota customer. We have been not supported at all, they didn’t have any kind of empathy with us. Not only because they have been trying to justify the failures but also, they didn’t keep us updated at all. They only answer our calls (more than fifteen) as a robot, without knowing anything related with the car, with the Toyota car service and so on.
We didn’t get any ‘solution’ from the customer service more than the replacement of the pieces and the statement ‘is normal in a 9 years old car’ (even the car has less than 56.000 KM). Our car is Toyota Prius.
As an angry customer I suggest changing the name ‘Toyota Customer Service’ by ‘Toyota like it or lump it Service’.

·
Registered
1,115 Posts
Sad story and the reason I like older, simpler cars, which have neither of these components. They have a saying here, those who bitcheth the loudest gettith the mostest. The loss of warranty coverage and the resulting collapse in used car values is the future of complex vehicles. More stuff, more expensive stuff, greater depreciation, especially when a single repair can exceed the value of the vehicle.

When Toyota and Honda got to the top of their game, they got an attitude like you describe.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts