Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
sexy, dirty, and slow...
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i've just gotten my engine 3vzfe replace with another one due to the fact that my original one broke, maybe bad head gasket or something.

i've replace it with another one, but the problem is im seeing white smoke coming out of the tail pipe and it smells a lot like coolant and burnt water??...so im not sure if the replaced engine has a problem with the hg..

btw with my old engine i poured water in and started the car...the water went out the tail pipe and i haven't started the car since i replace the engine, could it be that those water left in the system is just being burned off???

i check the coolant on the replace engine is everything seems fine, but i'll check tomorrow again...

one last thing.....the white smoke doesnt come out until i drive it warm and going say bout 50 ish mph, its then that i start to see the smoke coming out the tail....what could be wrong??

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
most likely its a BHG. you're in the same boat as me. i've had my replacement engine for only ~5000 miles. my camry's been parked on the street for a week now.

·
TN Pussy Man
Camry
13,302 Posts
^ unfortunately...I agree...

·
Premium Member
'96 Camry XLE
11,246 Posts
Yup, BHG most likely......It's common on the 3VZ. I'd recommend replacing the head gaskets and not putting in another engine.

·
sexy, dirty, and slow...
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
so theres no chance of it just burning off the "left over water" in the exhaust system????

i still got the warranty on the engine so if its that for sure, then im going to have to take it back...oh and does the warranty usually cover for hg???...got 6months warr. on enging and 3 months labor...

and i filled the reserve yesterday night, looked at it this morning it was almost done, when to school, came back and checked again now its full...is that a sign of a bad hg??...again i do smell the coolant..

·
sexy, dirty, and slow...
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
sometimes i can see the smoke, but not all the time...i just drove it on the freeway and couldnt smell the coolant but i can smell something burning more like rubber or something...so now im really confuse...

is the compression test the one to do to check if there is a leak somewhere??

or is there another test to check for hg??

·
Registered
1982 Mercedes 300D
54 Posts
If you're burning coolant and/or oil; and coolant is in your oil(and vice-versa) It's the head gasket

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,910 Posts
the warranty should cover it, but I am leaning toward the headgasket on this one too

G

·
Check your engine oil and coolant. If your oil looks like muddy water, your hg is bad. Open your radiator cap and see if any oil is floating in the coolant as well.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts