Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Supercharzed Toyz Raczing
2 ea Mark 1 mr2's
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You mean the Toyota 86 right? Since the Scion FRS does not have production any further, therefore does not exist. Poof!! Gone, history.
Scion name plate has died and along with it Toyota's failure to deal with the buying power of millennials.

Personally, I see Mr. Toyoda as a cheesy loser. In his questionable wisdom he hoped to resuscitate his lack luster Scion brand by the infusion of a sports car. The 2007 FRS car shown at the auto shows had a V6/hybrid. Great acceptance. Cool performance. Then this oriental chump cheaped out, bought a engine plant and incorrectly chose to make this car a piss poor performance car with a puke engine. His desperate designers moved the compression to 12:1 in a failing attempt to make a "performance" sports car.

My decades old 1988 SC has Toyota stated performance at 0-60 at 6.85 seconds. This puke car does the same at 7.2 seconds with a hefty 12:1 ratio?? Gimme a break, this car is pig. Period.

The further failure of old man Toyoda to update this car's performance after several years is a indication he KNEW Scion was failing and didn't not want to invest in a failing attempt to a failing company.

Let's say Toyoda's FRS is the Ford Edsel of it's time. :surprise:

Mister2 Tim
SC ToyZ RacZing
Racing Toyota since 1986

·
Toyota Collector
11,826 Posts
Do you feel better now? I do agree it is puzzling why Toyota has not bumped up the power would seem to be quite trivial to do add 0.2 liters of displacement to start.

·
2,668 Posts
The FR-S was never a strait line car, which are the numbers you're posting. You're comparing a mid-engine, supercharged I4 car to a Front engine-RWD, N/A opposed cylinder car. Apples and Oranges maybe?

The point of the FR-S was to make a car that was a decent priced, entry level track car. I(and everyone else on the planet) agree that it needed more HP, but it did what it was designed to do. They wanted a low(ish) price point, not something out of the world and unobtainable.

You're right, Akio didn't put all his eggs in the 86 basket. A more powerfull FR-S would not have saved Scion so......
Toyota has put emphasis on Lexus performance, and now it looks like the Supra is going to finally make it's return.

Gotta pick your battles.

P.S. Why build a fixed price super car, when Subaru is selling the same car, but better, with a negotiable price?

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
You mean the Toyota 86 right? Since the Scion FRS does not have production any further, therefore does not exist. Poof!! Gone, history.
Scion name plate has died and along with it Toyota's failure to deal with the buying power of millennials.

Personally, I see Mr. Toyoda as a cheesy loser. In his questionable wisdom he hoped to resuscitate his lack luster Scion brand by the infusion of a sports car. The 2007 FRS car shown at the auto shows had a V6/hybrid. Great acceptance. Cool performance. Then this oriental chump cheaped out, bought a engine plant and incorrectly chose to make this car a piss poor performance car with a puke engine. His desperate designers moved the compression to 12:1 in a failing attempt to make a "performance" sports car.

My decades old 1988 SC has Toyota stated performance at 0-60 at 6.85 seconds. This puke car does the same at 7.2 seconds with a hefty 12:1 ratio?? Gimme a break, this car is pig. Period.

The further failure of old man Toyoda to update this car's performance after several years is a indication he KNEW Scion was failing and didn't not want to invest in a failing attempt to a failing company.

Let's say Toyoda's FRS is the Ford Edsel of it's time. :surprise:

Mister2 Tim
SC ToyZ RacZing
Racing Toyota since 1986

Oh, get off your high horse, Tim. Your drivel is purely pointless. You're doing what all first gen SC MR2 guys do - is point out the speed to 30mph or 60mph.... and forget the rest.

It all depends on your view of "faster". Guarantee (as proven by other 2 owners) that the FRS will not destroy itself the same way a first gen MR2 will at 110+ mph speeds, since the wheel bearings are way too small (which is why Bill over at MR2OC switched to 2nd gens).

The current Camry XSE is faster 0-60 and quarter mile than your 88 MR2.

The FRS has a quarter mile of 14.8 @ 98 and your MR2 has a quarter mile of 15.0 @ 91mph....

For those who want to see how much Tim likes the engineering of Toyota.... this is what his atrocity of an MR2 has looked like (I've had 11 first gen MR2's.... I was a part of that community for a good 15 years..... so, yes, I can say that):

·
Supercharzed Toyz Raczing
2 ea Mark 1 mr2's
291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just another hater

THANKS FOR RECOGNITION. COMING FROM A HATER LIKE YOU I FEEL PROUD OF YOUR RECOGNITION. :x

HAVEN'T HEARD FROM YOU ON THE BOARDS LATELY, WHERE DO YOU TAKE YOUR HATE NOWADAYS? :nerd:
SINCE YOU HOARD MY PICTURES, HERE'S A FEW MORE FOR YOUR COLLECTION: :grin:

·
Registered
5,036 Posts
I do hate your car, it's ugly. Plain and simple. It's a 90's ricer atrocity. I can also say that be because my 1990 Corolla SR5 was a ricer atrocity as well. It's my opinion - and I extremely rarely say anything bad about someone elses vehicle like that.

I don't hoard your photos, they're easy to find as you scroll through a thread, it's the one that just looks wrong.

It doesn't help that your terrible posts, like the first one in this thread, have little to no value - and your anti-america / anti-japan posts you've made here and on other forums just get weird. It doesn't help that I listed you has a bad seller years ago and you blamed ME for your incompetence by using a cobbled together "priority" box while paying for ground, delaying the package with USPS for over a month, requiring that I pay the additional fees just to get it back from USPS, then you got pissed because I had made a claim against Paypal(which still would have been cheaper than you having to pay the additional shipping plus the return shipping to you, which you never understood).

I'm the "hater" here, though....

Personally, I see Mr. Toyoda as a cheesy loser.
Then this oriental chump cheaped out, bought a engine plant and incorrectly chose to make this car a piss poor performance car with a puke engine.
racist much?

I have a family and unfortunately the MR2's don't fit much in the way of family. My main vehicles have become Land Cruiser (a 40 and an 80 series). I still have friends with MR2's that I help and work on, and if I want can race. I never had an MR2 that would be embarrassing to drive like yours - and I've had a couple that were pretty bad looking!

My 100% stock manual IS300 that I had would have blown the doors off your MR2 - both in the straights and corners. Guess that makes your 88 a piss poor vehicle in comparison...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.