Toyota Nation Forum banner
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
AutoZone had 3 different brands ranging from like $50-$70. The two cheaper ones has 1 yr warrantees. I got the most expensive because 3 yr warranty.

The job isn't bad as long as you have two good 14mm wrenches and can get enough leverage on the 4 bolts by the u-joints. I couldn't really get my breaker bars in there. It's tight. Also need a 24mm for inside the drive shaft. I used my impact for that and the 2 14mm bolts that hold the carrier bearing to the frame. I recommend a milk crate or 2nd set of hands to catch the drive shaft when it falls. It may take a rubber mallet smack to knock it loose.
yeah, i wonder if mine is going out slowly, once and awhile when i let off the throttle i hear/feel a small clunk from somewhere when i get back on the throttle
but now i have to figure out how to get the fuel tank out to clean behind the member and rail with limited mobility to reach the fuel lines up top

·
Registered
97 T100 v6 5pd 4x4, 06 Tundra v8 4x4
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
yeah, i wonder if mine is going out slowly, once and awhile when i let off the throttle i hear/feel a small clunk from somewhere when i get back on the throttle
but now i have to figure out how to get the fuel tank out to clean behind the member and rail with limited mobility to reach the fuel lines up top
Is that to install the part for the p0450? I need to do mine. I think I'm just going to remove the bed.

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
Is that to install the part for the p0450? I need to do mine. I think I'm just going to remove the bed.
No, not that! The winter salt monster is eating at my old truck, I just found out about it and need to replace the protective coating behind there!

·
Registered
3,281 Posts
For some reason I thought you were from Texas
About 900 miles due north of Houston
I was in Amarillo at the end of June, I may need to get back there to get some parts for the old car, it's the closest salvage lot I have found with old Corollas other than Dallas with a high probability of never seeing road salts

Reactions: because_wumbo-truck

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Are the black twistie connectors where the bulbs are at? I'd like to to see more pics if you got 'em. Wouldn't mind replacing the sickly green glow on my dash with something better, like red or amber. Does somebody have a list of all the bulbs a guy would need for this job? Would a guy need to use a soldering iron?

Regarding getting the speedo cable back on, when I replaced my cable, I was able to reach around the cluster and pop it back on without detaching the cable on the transfer case side. It was tight, doable. I think I pulled the plastic panel underneath the steering wheel, where the ball cooler vent sits. You could try looping some string around the cable to pull it onto the connector on the gauges. I thought about doing that, but didn't end up having to.
More pics as promised. Sorry it took so long.
Musical instrument accessory Bumper Hood Office equipment Automotive exterior

Office equipment Bumper Gas Automotive exterior Machine
Rectangle Office equipment Gas Bumper Automotive exterior
Bumper Motor vehicle Gas Automotive exterior Office equipment

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Did you disconnect it from the transmission first? Is there enough slack to pull it forward in the dash? ;)
I'm going to try this next time I have a day off Monday and Tuesday. God willing, I'll get it done and the dash buttoned up and move onto the door locks and windows. Then replace the fuel pressure sensor. I've ordered the cupholders and a tailgate handle. I still plan on ordering a trailer hitch once I figure out which I want, and a manual/4x4 shifter console.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Not much progress on the T100 lately. I did get the speedo cable back on, installed new fuel pressure sensor, installed a new tail gate handle and trailer hitch though. I still need to fix the locks and the passenger window down switch. But I removed the door panels and eventually will fix and reupholster them. I did order a new intake tube, hoses, and Dirty Deeds 16 hole injectors.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts