Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Iit looks like my T100 journey is sadly coming to an end. With the recent addition of a new baby, I've made the (not easy) decision to swap out the T100 for a different truck.

These past 8 (!!) years on this forum have been awesome, and I definitely plan to continue lurking and posting if I can help. I'm hopeful whoever ends up with my T will become a member here (I will be recommending it)...which will make popping in even more fun. I was able to learn immense amounts on this forum, find lots of DIY solutions, save a lot of money in the process, and most importantly become very familiar with the truck. This forum is far and away the best resource on the net for our beloved T100s.

I'd also like to express a special thank you to BamZipPow...easily the most knowledgeable and helpful member here or on any forum I've seen. Thanks for all the help through the years.

Thankfully, I'm staying in the Toyota family, and picked up a 2005 4WD Tundra Double Cab. It's higher mileage, but clean and in great shape overall. Most importantly, though, it has airbags galore...which was the entire reason for going this route. If only the T100 had a passenger side airbag, I wouldn't even consider selling it for a few more years (at least). But as I am decently safety-conscious, it was time for something with more safety features.

As piccies are always best, pics of the T100 as it currently sits and the new ride are attached.

Anyway, thank again to all (and especially Bam).

Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Congratulations on the baby and on the new truck! I'm considering the exact same change right down to the year, body style and color now as I do much more towing and people hauling than I used to. My T was perfect when my kids were little but there are five of them now (all teenagers!) and the T is sorely lacking in space and power for towing.

Looks like a clean truck. And I love that blue!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
1998 T-100
1998 T-100 SR5 4WD
64 Posts
I have been gone for a long time and come back to see you leaving. Congratulations on the new baby as well as your new child. Ha! Hope you still poke around. Have you sold the T?

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have been gone for a long time and come back to see you leaving. Congratulations on the new baby as well as your new child. Ha! Hope you still poke around. Have you sold the T?
Haven't sold it yet, but have someone looking at it this weekend. It isn't actually posted yet, but my friends and family know it will be posted soon and have mentioned it to a few people. It seems like once a T100 in good shape goes up for sale, they don't sit around long!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I think my T100 journey may have ended today. I had an accident and although it didn't do any real frame damage, suspect they will total it. Wish I could find a beautiful blue DC like you bought!

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think my T100 journey may have ended today. I had an accident and although it didn't do any real frame damage, suspect they will total it. Wish I could find a beautiful blue DC like you bought!

Sorry to hear! They're out there...but it'll take some searching. I had been looking for a while to find a clean one and not overpay.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I actually found one close to me but they apparently sold it shortly before I called! Argh! Guess I'll keep looking. If it gets too bad, I will buy back the T and repair and then sell when I find what I want.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,793 Posts
I actually found one close to me but they apparently sold it shortly before I called! Argh! Guess I'll keep looking. If it gets too bad, I will buy back the T and repair and then sell when I find what I want.

Where are you?
Lots of them here in SoCal even in Blue!
What Ranges? Yr, Mileage,Price?

2005 DC 4x4 in Blue!

·
1998 T-100
1998 T-100 SR5 4WD
64 Posts
Someone hit my truck and I thought they were going to total it but they ended up fixing it, the T seems to hold their value. Keep searching, you'll find one, maybe with the moonroof!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Where are you?
Lots of them here in SoCal even in Blue!
What Ranges? Yr, Mileage,Price?

2005 DC 4x4 in Blue!

I'm in north AL but I'm not above traveling to get the vehicle I want. I flew to VA to get my car that I have now and have made several other out of state trips for vehicles before. I've only been to CA twice. Maybe I'll look out there some and make an adventure out of it coming home.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Someone hit my truck and I thought they were going to total it but they ended up fixing it, the T seems to hold their value. Keep searching, you'll find one, maybe with the moonroof!

This would be the ideal situation. That way I could get the T back and have it while I search for the unicorn. A blue, 4WD 05-06 DC 8S6 with tan cloth and a moonroof.

·
Registered
1995 T100 2WD
1,793 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts

·
T100, FJ80, PriusC
96' T100
60 Posts
You will be missed, but glad to see you're still in the Toyota family. You're just moving to a different forum, ha.
Don't sell your self short, although Bam is the guru, you too have made many a fine contribution to this amazing place! And, we all thank you for that. Please check back in from time to time and let us know how the Tundra is doing. Happy trails!
oh, and congrats on the child. I have 2, 12yrs and 10, they have grown up in the T100. I picked up a '97 Land Cruiser about 4 years ago while looking for a 4x4 T, figured I should get a 4 door and went with the Cruiser. It's a land tank and one of the more desirable years, glad it's not my daily driver the MPG is about half that of the T100...

·
1998 T100 SR5 2WD
13,580 Posts
Hey all,

Iit looks like my T100 journey is sadly coming to an end. With the recent addition of a new baby, I've made the (not easy) decision to swap out the T100 for a different truck.

These past 8 (!!) years on this forum have been awesome, and I definitely plan to continue lurking and posting if I can help. I'm hopeful whoever ends up with my T will become a member here (I will be recommending it)...which will make popping in even more fun. I was able to learn immense amounts on this forum, find lots of DIY solutions, save a lot of money in the process, and most importantly become very familiar with the truck. This forum is far and away the best resource on the net for our beloved T100s.

I'd also like to express a special thank you to BamZipPow...easily the most knowledgeable and helpful member here or on any forum I've seen. Thanks for all the help through the years.

Thankfully, I'm staying in the Toyota family, and picked up a 2005 4WD Tundra Double Cab. It's higher mileage, but clean and in great shape overall. Most importantly, though, it has airbags galore...which was the entire reason for going this route. If only the T100 had a passenger side airbag, I wouldn't even consider selling it for a few more years (at least). But as I am decently safety-conscious, it was time for something with more safety features.

As piccies are always best, pics of the T100 as it currently sits and the new ride are attached.

Anyway, thank again to all (and especially Bam).

Chris
I'm really happy that yer moving on up to a bigger truck with a growing family and all. The T-100 has really served you well. Even though yer moving from the T-100 to the Tundra, yer always welcome here anytime! You'll be missed in this community and you never know, you might end up gitting another T-100 in the future and end up back here. Heck, I might even jump ship and join you on the Tundra side! :D

There is one important thing that you'll need to know about the Tundra that I've come across. When you disconnect the battery, the ECU has to "relearn" the fuel maps and will idle rough fer a few hours or 50 miles. Call it a feature but just know that's how it was designed. Go figure. ;)

I know that the Tundra section here is rather sparse compared to the other Tundra sites. Don't be a stranger! I'm gonna really miss yah! ;)

·
Registered
1997 Toyota T100
1,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'm really happy that yer moving on up to a bigger truck with a growing family and all. The T-100 has really served you well. Even though yer moving from the T-100 to the Tundra, yer always welcome here anytime! You'll be missed in this community and you never know, you might end up gitting another T-100 in the future and end up back here. Heck, I might even jump ship and join you on the Tundra side! :D

There is one important thing that you'll need to know about the Tundra that I've come across. When you disconnect the battery, the ECU has to "relearn" the fuel maps and will idle rough fer a few hours or 50 miles. Call it a feature but just know that's how it was designed. Go figure. ;)

I know that the Tundra section here is rather sparse compared to the other Tundra sites. Don't be a stranger! I'm gonna really miss yah! ;)
Thanks Bam! I'll definitely be popping in from time to time! My T really did serve me well. It did everything I ever needed it to without much complaint, and never left me stranded (minus a dead battery once, I think :)). Hopefully the new owner loves it as much as I did and keeps it going for another 8 years (it should be easy with all the work I did haha!).

And look at that...already imparting some Tundra wisdom to me! Good to know about the idle...I'll be doing valve cover gaskets and spark plugs (and maybe timing belt and water pump in the future) and knowing a lumpy idle after is normal is great to know. If you move up to a Tundra maybe I can help you out for once! I'm starting the long process of learning all new stuff (about the only thing that transfers is the rear axle!). Should be a fun adventure. For starters, I have ordered a full suspension for it (it's nice having options for that now!), which includes Rancho Quicklifts (2.5 inch lift) for the front and matching shocks and a block in the rear. That should be much safer and perform much better than the rigged setup it has now on the front (literally a stack of nuts and washers acting as a spacer kit), while allowing me to keep the good tires that it came with.

Thanks again for all your help and knowledge over these last years. You've been invaluable to me as a resource. I really appreciate all the effort you put into the forum, and I'll miss ya too!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Found the unicorn last weekend.

It will need to be leveled eventually and the roof needs to be repainted cause failing Toyota clearcoat. All of the other paint looks great. Couldn't find a ding anywhere on this truck. One owner with <130K. Still had the Toyota cargo net and brake controller harness wrapped up in the package!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts