Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I've added a few new additions. I installed a new lift (Icon C/O's, TC UCA's, OME Dakar leafs, and Bilstein 5100's). Relocated the 7 pin connector and purchased a Leer 100XQ cap. Here is the results.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry don't know why they did not work the first time let's try this again.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I cant see the pics!
How is the dakar leaf pack compared to the TSB leafs?
I never had the TSB done so I cannot compare but I do love the way they ride. As for ordering HD or regular I am not sure they are PN# CS047R.

·
GOTTA LUV THE TOYO
08 ext cab prerunner
20 Posts
nice. what wheel and tires do you have?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2008 4x4 dbl. cab
91 Posts
Niiiice

Great pics. Your ride is sick looking and must ramble equally as well. :thumbsup:
How is the ventilation on that Leer topper? good enough to keep the dogs cool? I gotta dog and he has a cool truck. (Ya know what I mean?) I don't know if he'll let me put a shell on it unless it breathes well and maybe he can put his head out the side. I was looking at the Snugtop Supersport series but they are really expensive. Tack a barge ride from Oahu onto that and its just too much.
There is an out fit on island that carries Leer and I was wondering why you got that one, if you please?
Thanks

·
Banned
1,021 Posts
i want a shell so bad, i think they look so sharp on the SB not to mention the multiple functions they serve but my GF said if i got one she would never ride in the truck again :(

Truck looks great BTW.

Edit: not to correct you but i think your wheels are helomax 8s right? 8 spokes....

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
i want a shell so bad, i think they look so sharp on the SB not to mention the multiple functions they serve but my GF said if i got one she would never ride in the truck again :(

Truck looks great BTW.
Dude, I wish my wife was like that! I've always been looking for a good excuse for her not to drive it anymore! :p

toytacoma22:
Sharp lookin truck, those tires look meatier than mine. How are they clearing?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Great pics. Your ride is sick looking and must ramble equally as well. :thumbsup:
How is the ventilation on that Leer topper? good enough to keep the dogs cool? I gotta dog and he has a cool truck. (Ya know what I mean?) I don't know if he'll let me put a shell on it unless it breathes well and maybe he can put his head out the side. I was looking at the Snugtop Supersport series but they are really expensive. Tack a barge ride from Oahu onto that and its just too much.
There is an out fit on island that carries Leer and I was wondering why you got that one, if you please?
Thanks
I believe it is going to be just fine to keep the dogs cool. Originally I was going to purchase a model with sliding windows for more ventilation, but the dealer asked me a good question. He asked if the dogs would ever be sitting inside the truck with it parked a lot, or if it was going to mostly used for transport. For me it is going to be used for transport and he said the 100 XQ would be just fine for them. The side windows open up on the back and all across the bottom edge and with the front sliding window there is plenty of air while driving. So since I found out the dogs would ride along just fine in it with out getting to hot I chose the 100 XQ for it appearance and price (still expensive but cheaper than snugtop). I really like the one piece glass on the sides I think it looks really clean. Also I noticed my Husky keeping her head by the front sliding window because she liked the air coming back and hitting her in the face.

i want a shell so bad, i think they look so sharp on the SB not to mention the multiple functions they serve but my GF said if i got one she would never ride in the truck again

Truck looks great BTW.

Edit: not to correct you but i think your wheels are helomax 8s right? 8 spokes....
Yes you are correct they are 8's. I was going off the top of my head and thought they were 6's. To be honest I am sick of those wheels and plan on purchasing something different when I have to replace my tires.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Dude, I wish my wife was like that! I've always been looking for a good excuse for her not to drive it anymore! :p

Sharp lookin truck, those tires look meatier than mine. How are they clearing?

Tires are clearing fine, but I had done some trimming with my prior lift.

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Looking really good. The one-piece windows on the cap look really clean. Good job on moving the trailer connector...I just stuffed mine up behind the bumper to get it out of the way.

·
Stupid is stupid does
2008 tundra
5,554 Posts
damn I did not see you posted the pics correctly. Well at least you got it working now. nice mods!

·
Premium Member
11 Tacoma DC TRD OR
1,892 Posts
As for ordering HD or regular I am not sure they are PN# CS047R.
You got the regular Dakars then. The HD's come with an extra leaf that you add to the pack...gives about 1/2 in. more lift.

Truck looks good! :thumbsup:

Jared why are you changing out the TSB??
More load capacity (I tow a lot now), and better performance off road. I'm getting more involved with the local TTORA and I gotta be ready for some serious trails. :naughty:

·
Registered
238 Posts
I like the location for the 7 pin and have thought about relocating mine there (t100), but I've been hassled by the cops for one light out before (when I lived in Massachusetts). Any thoughts on that? I was thinking if I did it this way I might put a center light from below just to cover my bases.

I'll add to that that I know in most states the letter of the law requires only a "license plate light" but that didn't stop me from getting hassled.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts