Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently bought a Second hand 2013 Taco TRD Sport imported from the US. While driving it, i faced to weird sounds. The First is a ticking sound (i guess it's the taco tick so i overlooked it). But the Second is the weirdest sound ever. While Accelerating, you can obviously hear a kind of goose sound (i'm not kidding at all). At first i thought it was a someone honking behind me, but than the same sound/honk/goose call is heard everywhere. i read about someone talking about a sound when reaching 3rd speed, well my sound is heard at all speeds, i tried! Any idea what it could be? Thanks All!

·
13,393 Posts
Welcome to the forums! :)

If you can safely shoot some video of the sound and post it, it will help us a whole lot better. Thanks in advance! ;)

·
Registered
752 Posts
I cant make out your video? noise...
but, some years ago there were complaints about some windshield seals being bad. and noises like whistling (could be your goose noise?).
to prove if its air... turn up the fan to max, with the AC on... doors and windows closed tight.
soap up a towel, and apply soapy towel to all the door and window seals, and cracks.
if its air? you'll see bubbles...

make sense?

·
Premium Member
2,528 Posts
I agree with yrffej, that sounds like the windshield noise other complained about.

Try moving your phone around the perimeter of the windshield, see if its louder in one location.

If not that, there was a few people talking about noise from the cab exhausts that relieve cabin pressure into the area between the cab and bed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I cant make out your video? noise...
but, some years ago there were complaints about some windshield seals being bad. and noises like whistling (could be your goose noise?).
to prove if its air... turn up the fan to max, with the AC on... doors and windows closed tight.
soap up a towel, and apply soapy towel to all the door and window seals, and cracks.
if its air? you'll see bubbles...

make sense?
in the video, right after the phone vibration, there is a sound. regarding the wind sound, that's because the window was open because the sound is louder outside not inside

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I agree with yrffej, that sounds like the windshield noise other complained about.

Try moving your phone around the perimeter of the windshield, see if its louder in one location.

If not that, there was a few people talking about noise from the cab exhausts that relieve cabin pressure into the area between the cab and bed.
not talking about the wind noise, i specified that the sound is after the vibration

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
Doesn’t sound like the windshield kazoo nor the front grill/hood rubber seal. Doesn’t like like the engine air intake rattle either. That sounds like a rattling heat shield to me. Unless I’m hearing it wrong.

·
Premium Member
13,956 Posts
can you elaborate on this please? and thank you
There have been 3 well known issues with audible sounds. And there were some in other situations. Toyota had technical service bulletins (TSB) for a couple of them.

There was the kazoo sound (same as if you took a piece of paper between your lips and blew across it so it vibrates) that was caused (supposedly) by a hole in the seal of the windshield. I think it also happened due to the shape of the factory seal. TSB for that one.

Then there was the rattle for some where the engine air intake goes thru the front fender. TSB for that one too IIRC.

One or more trucks had issues with a bad rubber seal on top of the grill (hood rests on it when closed) that leaked air in such a way that it made a sound heard in the truck (whistling sound IIRC).

Others experienced leaking air noise around the driver’s door and sometimes the back driver’s side half door on the extra cabs. When dealerships changed the seals, it eliminated the noise.

There have been cases of heat shields rattling too. Sometimes they get bent when people work on the truck around them.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
There have been 3 well known issues with audible sounds. And there were some in other situations. Toyota had technical service bulletins (TSB) for a couple of them.

There was the kazoo sound (same as if you took a piece of paper between your lips and blew across it so it vibrates) that was caused (supposedly) by a hole in the seal of the windshield. I think it also happened due to the shape of the factory seal. TSB for that one.

Then there was the rattle for some where the engine air intake goes thru the front fender. TSB for that one too IIRC.

One or more trucks had issues with a bad rubber seal on top of the grill (hood rests on it when closed) that leaked air in such a way that it made a sound heard in the truck (whistling sound IIRC).

Others experienced leaking air noise around the driver’s door and sometimes the back driver’s side half door on the extra cabs. When dealerships changed the seals, it eliminated the noise.

There have been cases of heat shields rattling too. Sometimes they get bent when people work on the truck around them.
ohh i see, thank you, will get it checked by the dealer

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
About this Discussion
11 Replies
5 Participants
MohamedSaad
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing