Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
UPDATE! Pg. 3 My Truck after Wreck and Repair!

For those of you who didn't know I totaled my truck about 4 months ago. I've finally gotten it back together and running and looking halfway decent again. I did all the work myself except for the welding of the new radiator support which was done by my friend. I still have some sanding to do, and I still want to get some 4x4 fenders, but for now this will do.

Right after Wreck (Damage was worse than it looks)

After Repairs.

I'm finally glad to have it running again. I love this truck and will hopefully have it forever. Long Live TOYOTA!!!!!!!!!!

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,911 Posts
damn man that sucks....good repair job though....nice to see a 22re alive and kicking

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yup, I was the happiest guy alive to get back in the truck and drive it down the road again for the first time in 4 months. I've still got some stuff to do on it like hood-fender gap adjustment on the passenger side, but for now it'll do.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
wormhole said:
why 4x4 fenders
There's more room in 4x4 fenders for bigger wheel/tire combos. I plan on dropping it. I also like the flared look, opposed to flat.

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^Yup I'm happy. She looks like a candycane, just in time for christmas eh, now I just need a green bed , or doors XD

·
deviate from the absolute
92 toyota camry
4,911 Posts
Mushroom_Toy said:
There's more room in 4x4 fenders for bigger wheel/tire combos. I plan on dropping it. I also like the flared look, opposed to flat.

flared fender :boink:....another reason I love my tacoma

·
S14 Fever :D
1993 Toyota Scepter
2,457 Posts
Living in the South I always saw that Yota truck owners were always very loyal to their oldschool trucks:thumbup: Good job, the truck looks almost new:thumbup:

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
^ Thanks. It pretty decent for now. Once I get finished, which may be never, this truck WILL be new. Someday....

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
so what do u have planned now for your lux? are u gonna paint it all red with chrome? or white and black trim? or white with chrome trim? hows the engine? what have u replaced?

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
^ All right here's the scoop. I've replaced valve cover gasket (other got punctured by metal), radiator from 4x4, fan and fan clutch assembly with pulley, ac condenser, full radiator support (welded on by friend), hard to find headlight clips springs, lots of small parts, of course the two fenders, the hood, bumper brackets, grille piece, and a couple of small things. I spent about 1-2 months pulling and shaping the passenger side apron, cutting off front sheet metal, cleaning/degreasing engine, waiting for parts. Had to reshape small part of driver side apron. The engine was perfectly fine when i wrecked except for the broken valve cover gasket in front. However it did break my fan clutch asembly, so I replaced it. Thank god it did not fuck up my waterpump, or do any major damage to the engine.

Here's the plans: It will be painted primer gray or black for a while later on while i save money. Color scheme = Jet black or Gunmetal Grey Pearl. Gunmetal rims, 3 inch drop all the way around. Shaved antenna, maybe shaved handles. Blacked out corner/turn/tailights. 4Runner front end conversion, chrome or painted(undecided). 4x4 fenders of course. White Led Undercar kit. Bucket Seats, new headunit, and subs/amp. Recarpet the inside of the truck, possible sunroof. That's about all I can think of for now.

·
Official Saipan Member
Hilux
1,019 Posts
damnnnn sounds sharp! yeah paint it lexus colours like that super sweet graphite grey or the black sand from the tacos. yeah 4 runner convo looks sweet. i would advise against led glows i personally like neons. ever think about orange glows if u go grey or black? You lucky your engine is still cherry. Keep us updated man and good luck!!

·
Georgian Pickup Drifter
1991 Toyota Pickup
933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
^ Sure will. Yeah I just prefer Leds to neons..eons can break, chip and burn out, while if a single led burns out even then you can replace it.

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
Looking good, can't wait to see it when the mods start happening.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.