Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was over at subliminaltrips house yesterday and for grins I took two of the 35x12.50's that he had borrowed from a friend of his and put them on my truck to get a size comparison to the 32's. It's hard to believe the difference 3" more tire makes, These things were huge.

No way I could run them like the truck is now. I'd have to pound the pinch weld and cut the valance and still have some rubbing I think.

With a 4" lift I'm pretty sure these would clear no problem, but I'm not sure just how much more I could do. I'm thinking now that a 36x13.5 is about all I'll be able to squeeze in there after the lift...

How about that damned toyota junkyard over at subs house? :lol:

face blurred to protect the not so innocent...

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
By the way, we have some interesting video from yesterday's excursion I'll post up later. :lol:

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have the edited version uploaded now. I'll just go ahead and start a thread for you. :evilgrin:

·
Registered
1989 Pickup 4WD
586 Posts
Won't 35"s wreak havoc on CV axles? I've been thinking about putting 35"s on my truck for some time, but I don't want to have to start replacing ball-joints and CVs :thumbdown

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
cv's are only 66 bux lifetime warrantied. besides ovrrdrive isnt rock crawling its mostly a street queen. if he does go off road its usually just in some mud anyways. yea i got the pm, i like that how its compiled into one clip. thanks. dude we went out to a sweet ass hole today, the truck is completely drenched in mud, ill have to take you out there soon. we took the camera but the batteries were totally dead and i didnt get any footage.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah there's not really a magic size tire you can or can't run, you just have to be prepared for the fact that the bigger the tire the more wear on all of the components and the more stuff you're gonna break.

I've seen a bunch of these trucks with 35's on them but there's very few that I've seen anyway that go bigger than 35.

I just want to go as big as I can when I do it, but after seeing those tires on my truck I doubt I'll go bigger than the 36x13.5 iroks, but I bet the 37x12.50's would fit too... It all depends on what mood I'm in when I order parts I guess. And how soon I can redo gears.

As bad as my truck sucks now I'm hating thinking about it with 36 or 37's on it with the stock gears. I'm going at least 5.29 and most likely an aussie in the rear. I'd love to do a detroit but the aussie's are supposed to be quality pieces and are a little cheaper.

Looking at those pics above makes me drool again...

sub, after I do everything up in my truck I'd like to hit a little mud, but for now I'll just sit in my truck and take pics of you playing in it. With my luck if I ride with you I'm gonna have to swim out. :p

·
Banned
2,353 Posts
dude i was sooooo impressed with that truck today, i went through a super nasty hole with very soupy soft mud at the bottom , my bed floor was at one point completly under water. oddly enough only a minor ammount of water made it into the cab. there was a guy out there that said hes never seen a truck on 35's get through that hole without at least having to get a tow. i walked through it twice. the first time i had it in low range and i got stuck but as soon as i hit 4wd high i was able to dig up and out once i hit 2nd gear. chris was all like , "dude this is a pullin' sumbitch, this thing goes anywhere" this weekend i figured out that the 4k ive put in the truck has been well worth , not to mention the blood and sweat weve put into it.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
subliminaltrips said:
oh yea wheres the new video thread man?
Its getting surprisingly little attention... It's called "Rookie Offroader" :lol:

I'll bump it.

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
How about this for a rough photochop... I figure the front valence is about 3-4 inches, so I jacked up the truck that amount to get a better idea of where I'll be after a 4" suspension lift...

Daddy likey...

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking at that there is a good possibility that I can clear 37's pretty well I think ...

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I did go back out last night with a tape measure and that valance I used as a reference is actually about 5 3/4" so that's the amount of lift I photochopped in. Technically that's not completely undoable though. The Superlift kit says you can get 5 " out of it (I assume with a 1" tbar crank which I already run) and I was also planning on a 1.5" ball joint spacer. For the back I was planning on using the blocks out of the kit for starters, then going to a 4 or 5" spring lift and probably a 2" over shackle.

If I do all of that I think my truck would sit like above but with the back a few inches higher.

Overall, I really like it... ;)

I'm leaning towards either a 36x13.5" or a 37x12.5" Irok radial on a 17" procomp 1079 to go on there too so that would raise what you see by another inch or two.

Now I just gotta come up with the green to do it.

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
i am slightly disappointed. the truck would look sweet with the lift and those tires, or even 36's. im disappointed that 35's werent a bit bigger! i think you should try and get 37's under your truck ovrrdrive. i just dont think 35's look that impressive on an extended cab. on a reg. cab it would look different. it would be sick to have 37's on your truck ovrrdrive!!

Cam

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I agree completely...

I'm leaning towards the 37x12.50 Iroks... Of course the way I've flip flopped on all of this its anyone's guess until I place an order. :lol:

I really want the Procomp 1079's in the 17x9" version with the 37" Iroks... As long as it clears that will be sweet as hell.

·
Bring On The MUD!!!!!
'83 Pickup SR5
2,334 Posts
you want 12.50's on 37's?? those things are gonna look like tooth picks! but it would still be sweet to have!! i debate whether or not i should buy 4in or 5in springs when i get the SAS kit. not sure how high i want to go!

Cam

·
Banned
'95 Toyota 4x4 xcab
1,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
If I get Irok radials I have a choice of either 37x12.50 or 36x13.50.

I'm afraid if I go too wide they'll rub too much. I think taller and narrower is better. besides, they'll be as wide as those 35's are in the pics... Not too shabby.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts