Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it took 6 full turns to get the truck to sit ALMOST level. It is still 1/8 of an inch off. I am going to lower the passenger side to compensate. Has anybody else ever experienced this, not just with Donahoes but with any brand?

I am going to get it aligned tomorrow and get my wheels and tires put on. I know, I know, I will finally take some pics.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Yes, when I installed my dr's my truck sat the same height as stock. I cranked up both sides to the 2" collas limit that they talk about in the instructions. Only lifted the front end about 1 1/2 inches. I am close to the donahoe shop so I went in to talk to them. They crancked more on my shocks and got it up to 2" lift. Went to the alignment shop had the front end aligned, thought I was done. After driving around for a few days and a few hundred miles I decided that the front end was to stiff and I changed my whole lift. I took out the aal in the rear, dropped the front down to match the front about 7 1/2 space from tire to fender. Back to the alignment shop, now I am very pleased with the ride and the height. The guys at donahoe seemed to think that my truck came from the factory higher than normal. Now all is good. While at the alignment shop I has the windows tinted next door at the tint shop. I hope this has helped. Check out my truck at www.cardomain.com/ride/2172142:clap:

·
Self Proclaimed Genius
762 Posts
Yep, it's normal to have a lean on the drivers side. Battery, steering, gas tank, they're all on the driver side adding extra weight.

·
Registered
984 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea I remember talking about it. I just didn't remember if it was "Normal". You all were talking about 1/4 to maybe 1/2 inches of lean. My truck was like 1 1/8 inches, and it takes more than 6 full turns to make it level. This really made the ride firmer on the left side of the truck and I don't even have a sway bar. Plus the rebound is too fast.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts