Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Finally done for a little while. As it sits now:

'06 4x4 TRD Sport

3'' coil over lift: 2.5 Sway-a-Away racerunners, Camburg UCA's, Bilstein 5100's in rear with a 1'' block.

Custom light bar with Hella 4000's

Hella FF's in rear

XD Series Addict 17'' wheels

Nitto Terra Grapplers - 265/70/R17

SnugTop tonneau cover (with rifle rack soon to be added underneath)

Remove mudflaps (Cut the mudflaps on to leave a small trip to protect backside of fender)

Fire extinguisher mount / "clean bed mod" (filled in the holes that the cubby doors used to sit in [removed doors]. Screwed the cubby pieces above the fender in place so they wouldn't come out when off roading any more. Now my bed stays clean)

Thinking about adding in the future:
Nerf bars
Tuner
Grillcraft grill
Maybe tint the front windows, but I don't want to deal with tickets

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice truck! What part of CA are you in? I have my front tinted 20% and the rears 5% and I never get bothered by the police.
Socal

When I do it, I'll have some 3M put on the front bumper and the sides of the bottom of the doors. Probably black out the headlights at the same time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm diggin' the light bar. I take it it's a "one-off." Any details?
Yes, it's a one off. I bought a Dakar racing bar and the shop mounted it up and called me before they even put the lights on and said "you might want to come take a look at this". That Dakar bar bounced all over the place when you hit it with your hand, and that was without lights on it.

They said they could fab up a bar that would be solid, so I went ahead and did that. Just the end pieces of this bar weighed more than the entire Dakar bar. It's also mounted in four places to the frame. The light mount tabs are custom made for the Hella's, so they're really solid.

That bar doesn't move at all, even when offroading. Well worth the extra $400 cost over the Dakar bar.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts