Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So on the midst of all this rain and storms here in Oklahoma I was on my way to work when I drove into high water on the road. I won't go into all the details of that, my question is this - the car flooded out and I had to leave it for a bit. Engine died and wouldn't start, water flooded into the cab. I was able to go back after about and hour and after several attempts it started and I drove it home. What parts/systems should I look at to make sure I can keep it running or will it be fine after it all dries out?

·
Various Toyotas
4,069 Posts
Did water get into the intake (is your air filter very wet)?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I haven't checked the air filter yet, I'm in school until noon, but I had thought of that.

The year model is 2006.

·
Registered
1993 Corolla
5,019 Posts
If it started and ran, you're probably fine, but anything you could do to dry out the car would be good. And X2 on drying and cleaning every wire connection you can reach.
Give it a chassis lube too. And check to see if everything electrical still works.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If it got into the cabin it may have gotten sucked in via the intake and hydrolocked. Looks like Texas and that general area is getting hit pretty hard by storms.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
16 Scion tC
19,659 Posts
If it started and ran, you're probably fine, but anything you could do to dry out the car would be good. And X2 on drying and cleaning every wire connection you can reach.
Give it a chassis lube too. And check to see if everything electrical still works.
I agree... it wouldn't start anymore if anything important or inside the engine got water, the water probably just shut air supply and car turned off. I consider this lucky. :surprise:

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
5,528 Posts
Inspect your crank case for water or other contaminants.

Never know what got in there from the flood. Too much junk from flood waters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts