Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Yall.
I'm trying to ghetto wire an an elctrical power inverter into my glove box. Have installed the plugs and tested and everything appears to be working fine. Question.....where should I splice/plug in the wires to power the inverter? (I checked the DIY link...and it is not very descriptive).

So....where should i patch in for the inverter power source?

And....does anyone know what the mystery electrical harness is that is under the center console to the left of the gear shifter? and....can i patch into this for the inverter? and if so...how?

Thanks in advance.

KLowe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
color or wires in harness

last....does anyone know what color the power source of the harnesses is?
Postive is what color
negative is what color.

TY.

KLowe

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
What size inverter is it? Are you trying to add an inverter or just beef up the stock outlet in the bed? Not sure what you're trying to do.

Inverters can pull a lot of current, just like a car stereo amplifier. I wouldn't tap into any other wires, you will probably blow a fuse or burn something up. You need to run a power wire to the battery or the terminal on the under-hood fuse block.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you are correct sir!!!

"Inverters can pull a lot of current, just like a car stereo amplifier. I wouldn't tap into any other wires, you will probably blow a fuse or burn something up."

"You need to run a power wire to the battery or the terminal on the under-hood fuse block."
:confused:;)

funny you should say it.....because Yes, and Yes (were you at my house today???)

Tried to install an inverter and splice into the cigarette wires....and wouldn't you know it ...blew the fuse.

finally went to best buy and coughed up some change for a decent 750w inverter and ran the cables from the battery. Half-way there...got dark outside and it is damn cold (no garage).

It should be working tomorrow. I'll take some pics and post the final product. Going for three 110v outlets and hardwiring the powersource for my mp3 player.

Thanks for all the help.

KLowe

1 - 5 of 5 Posts