Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All - my wife's base model 2017 Corolla recently started having strange audio issues during calls via Bluetooth. The volume during calls is very weak - almost as if the the volume is turned down and biased towards a back speaker. Oddly, streaming music is fine as is the radio. The dealer performed a "software update" then said it would require replacing the entire headunit which they quoted as ~$1,300. The equalizer doesn't indicate any weird settings, i.e. piping all audio to a back speaker. This same issue occurs with different phones.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and are there any solutions other than replacement?

Thanks!

·
Registered
06 Toyota Camry XLE, 16 Corolla S
1,169 Posts
Hi All - my wife's base model 2017 Corolla recently started having strange audio issues during calls via Bluetooth. The volume during calls is very weak - almost as if the the volume is turned down and biased towards a back speaker. Oddly, streaming music is fine as is the radio. The dealer performed a "software update" then said it would require replacing the entire headunit which they quoted as ~$1,300. The equalizer doesn't indicate any weird settings, i.e. piping all audio to a back speaker. This same issue occurs with different phones.

Has anyone else encountered this problem, and are there any solutions other than replacement?

Thanks!

Go aftermarket. Inventory is very low right now in most places but you won't have this problem.

·
Registered
09 V6 Highlander AWD , 15 Corolla LE
257 Posts

Thanks!
Have you tried with another phone ?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts