Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Wheel & Tire Guys
all
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Myth or Fact: The pressure listed on the tire sidewall indicates the recommended pressure?

Myth or Fact: Tire pressure does not need to be regularly checked for vehicles equipped with TPMS?

When it comes to tires, there is a lot of misinformation out there. Check out our write-up linked below where we dismiss some of the common myths surrounding tires and tire safety.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I think it says maximum load at this maximum pressure. I keep mine at sidewall max, you never know when I might have a load so I like to be prepared. :wink:

On the wifes Rogue it gives you the pressure per tire, she doesn't want me to touch her tires since it rides rougher and she can afford to pay to much for fuel, but not me. They air them up every 5 k miles when they change her oil for free, works for me. Light stays off. :grin: I keep the windshield clean and check the fluids and rotate the tires if one end gets 2/32nds less tread than the other end. So far haven't touched them at 35k miles. Just checked tread depth.

·
Wheel & Tire Guys
all
617 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think it says maximum load at this maximum pressure. I keep mine at sidewall max, you never know when I might have a load so I like to be prepared. :wink:
The maximum pressure indicated on the tire can indeed be the recommended pressure. HD truck applications are prime example of this.

On the wifes Rogue it gives you the pressure per tire, she doesn't want me to touch her tires since it rides rougher and she can afford to pay to much for fuel, but not me. They air them up every 5 k miles when they change her oil for free, works for me. Light stays off. :grin: I keep the windshield clean and check the fluids and rotate the tires if one end gets 2/32nds less tread than the other end. So far haven't touched them at 35k miles. Just checked tread depth.
Sounds like your wife is taking great care of both her tires and vehicle :clap:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts