Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
N00b here w/ 94 Camry v6 XLE added pics

Hey everyone been reading around the forums a lot lately, and i decided to finally register. Ok first thing is just wanna say looking forward to helping people on here and getting help on here, with all the browsing around seems like they are very knowledgeable, friendly, and people willing to help you.

Ok enough of the intro stuff I have a 1994 Camry V6 XLE has about 78700 miles or so and runs really well, even though recently i got in an accident with it and so did my sister(2 accidents), well it was more like the family car before but i basically am the one who drives it the most, the car i drive to school with (college). It was a used car that had like 13000 miles but we keep our cars really well, we have quite a few cars, so the car is in good shape. Im looking to do some work on both the interior and exterior and i'd also definitely like to add some performance mods or something of the sort. I already started on the exterior i put on fog lamps which i was pleased with the look but not the brightness of the lights (all pics to come tom. since its 3am right now).

Ok i know many feel this is rice boy ( i believe thats the term) but i will soon put the windshield washer nozzle lights on, maybe connect it with my turning signals possibly (good idea or not?), and i will add the glo gauges. I really wanted to know what others thought of this look:

Glo Gauges

along with

Gauge Bezel

Now i definitely gonna put all clear lights on the front i found a good deal on ebay, and for the tail lights i would like to put these:

Tail lights

The body kit i would like to put on them is this one:

Body kit

Right now after the accident the front bumper wasnt even fitted on correctly, i mean they are not aligned correctly with the headlamps, all this i hope to soon fix once i get the funds and hopefully my parents let me fix it up, my mom is ok with it but my dad isnt too ok with it. Just looking for some general feedback as to how this setup would look any thoughts would be greatly appreciated, and i will def put up some pics tom after i clean it out and fix the lights probably. Thanks for reading this long post and hope to be talking with plenty of you in here.

Oh and sorry to add in more to this already long post but i recently painted my dad's car (03 lexus GS 300) the caliper's in red werent too much to do, i want to paint mine also but the color im having troubles deciding on, since im going for a blue look i wasnt sure how the blue calipers would look on a black car any thoughts on this?? my main choices would be blue and red and as a last resort yellow which was the previous colors.

P.S i also have this prob where the car makes this rattling noise once i start it up, and it seems to be coming right around where the belt area is at but i have not been able to figure it out, been doing it since the last accident which i ran into a van's back :(

P.S.S i see many posts of gen 2,3,4?? how do i know which one i have?? thanks again everyone who takes the time to read this

This is one of the calipers i painted on the lexus just wanted to show u guys/girls, mines will be done soon:

Here are some pics i took real quick a few mins ago:

·
96 3MZ M/T
Camry
2,879 Posts
welcome to posting with us at tn! well a good thing to start at is reading the faq at the top it coves gen info really well and other ideas on what to do with your car. your car is a gen 3 and the engine is a 1mz-fe, and the system is a obdI. for your bummper it depends on what kind of accident you were in the metal frame under the bummper might be bent and if your going to be putting a body kit on that would be a good time to strightin that out since you would have the cover off at that time.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hey thanks a lot for the replies i checked out the frame already everything is ok with it. thanks for the replies, and im definitely gonna try to come check out that meet hopefully by then ill have some new stuff on my car, ill prob really try to come down to the meet and ill post some pics today, is it better to just post the pics straight or link them, with respect to the forum guidelines? thanks for all the other info chronoti

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Does anyone have any other ideas for hooking up the winshield nozzle lights the corner lamps seem impossible to get to, i removed the low beam lights can i splice that wire and connect it to that one, and if anyone could do you just splice the wire and join then can anyone shed some light on this ?

·
Know God. Work Hard.
4Runner
2,194 Posts
If you bring your stuff to the meet, we can probably help you do it right then and there.

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,955 Posts
chronoti said:
your car is a gen 3 and the engine is a 1mz-fe, and the system is a obdI.
actually the 1mzfe motor is an early type of obdII but it doesnot have the same connection as a 98 model. myself am in the process of converting it(the plug) so i can get the codes scanned when they come up.

Dainfamusgc: welcome to TN and feel free to mingle:thumbup: :D

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
2wickedtoyz said:
actually the 1mzfe motor is an early type of obdII but it doesnot have the same connection as a 98 model. myself am in the process of converting it(the plug) so i can get the codes scanned when they come up.

Dainfamusgc: welcome to TN and feel free to mingle:thumbup: :D
thx for the welcome

UPDATE: i was putting on the washer nozzle lights and after i hooked up everything it didnt light i messed around 15 minutes later i noticed the wires were cut where the hose is at so tomorrow ill replace the wire when i come back from school sux i was so mad

1 - 13 of 13 Posts